Although I love the idea of a Poinsettia made with the Festive Flower Punch, I just knew it would make a pretty sunflower, too! One of my favorite fall flowers! So, here’s what I came up with…
I paired the punch with the Into the Woods Designer Paper…and I love this woodgrain print!
Here are the details…pretty simple!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 THICK Whisper White cardstock.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Into the Woods DSP.
- Punch 20 of the large petals from Hello Honey cardstock, then sponge around the edges with Hello Honey Ink.
- Punch two 2-1/2″ Circles from Chocolate Chip cardstock, run one thru the Big Shot with the Delicate Dots Embossing Folder. Sponge Early Espresso Ink over the edges and raised dots.
- On the second 2-1/2″ Circle, apply adhesive all over it. Start placing the first 10 large petals around the edge of the circle. Then apply more adhesive and place the second row of 10 petals a little further inside the circle.
- Cover the petals with the embossed 2-1/2″ Chocolate Chip circle.
- Slightly curl all the petals to make it more realistic.
- Adhere sunflower to the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Punch two more large petals from Old Olive cardstock. Sponge with Old Olive ink around the edges. Adhere under the sunflower for leaves.
- Cut grateful from Whisper White with Seasonal Frame Thinlet, adhere to front with Fine Tip Glue Pen.
Inks: Old Olive, Hello Honey, Early Espresso
Cardstock: Hello Honey, Chocolate Chip, Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Old Olive
Accessories: Into the Woods Designer Paper, Seasonal Frame Thinlets, 2-1/2″ Circle Punch, Festive Flower Builder Punch, Delicate Dots Embossing Folder, Sponge Daubers, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Snail, Big Shot
Need some ideas for new sets? Want some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? Check out the new Create with Connie and Mary AUGUST Mini Session!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
All this for only $8.95! We will open on Wednesday, August 19th! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
Here’s a sneak peek of this month’s projects!