When I was looking around for a challenge to play along with today, I looked at the Color Challenge over on SCS (CC432) and loved the idea of Smoky Slate, Crushed Curry and Coastal Cabana together. It screamed FLOWERS to me, so…of course, I went with my new favorite set, Flower Shop, one of the sets we are featuring this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013.
But, when I was playing around cutting "leaves" from the petals, I discovered that the cut flower sort of looked like a butterfly! Since I'm a huge fan of using punches in different ways other than what they were originally intended, I went with the butterfly on my card! I even made little antenna for him and pearls for his body!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate cardstock folded in half.
- I cut a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of Coastal Cabana chevron pattern DSP and layered it on 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White.
- Then I embossed above and below the DSP with the Needlepoint Folder (the dessert touch on SCS).
- I stamped the flowers with Crushed Curry and punched them with the Pansy Punch. I added Itty Bitty Flowers to the centers punched from the Coastal Cabana DSP with little Pearls added to the centers.
- I used the Pansy Punch to punch out the "leaves" from Coastal Cabana DSP and tucked them behind the flowers.
- The butterfly is the open flower stamped with Smoky Slate Ink on Smoky Slate cardstock, then punched with the Pansy Punch. I cut off two of the petals, added Pearls for the body and cut a small sliver of Smoky Slate for the antennas.
- Finally, Happy Birthday from Label Love was stamped with Smoky Slate Ink on Smoky Slate cardstock and punched with the Artisan Label Punch.
Ok…I love it! lol!
Flower Shop is one of the sets we are featuring this week over on Create with Connie and Mary Summer Collection 2013. But, now that Preview Week is over, you need to be a subscriber to see all the wonderful projects! Many of the projects, you'll be able to create in 2 hours or less…making them perfect for classes and camps! And we have lots of gift giving and home decor items, too! Join us…we are just getting started! For only $24.95 US, you get 24 FABULOUS step-by-step PHOTO tutorials! That's just a little over $1 each! And, these projects use items from the main catalog…so they will be available to use for an entire year!!! Check out Create with Connie and Mary now! Relax and let us design your classes this summer!
STILL TAKING ORDERS!
NEW catalog Ribbon Shares!!!
BONUS: Get a free package of Candy Dots in your choice of family color with each $50 ribbon share purchase (before shipping)!