First…have to show you one picture from our Christmas with Carter. Because the kids were back with Beth's family over Christmas holiday, we held our Christmas on New Year's Day. This is the car that Santa left for Carter. He has the hang of it…checking to see if someone is behind him before moving into traffic! Isn't he sweet? So excited that he loved his present!
Well, do you ever have some design in your head, but it doesn't come out right on paper? That is exactly what happened with this card! I had several of the pieces laying on my desk that I wanted to use up. While not my favorite design, I still thought I'd post it as I am in crisis mode getting ready for Leadership! I'm leaving early tomorrow to have a sleepover with friends in Houston before the event starts! Can't wait to meet up with the girls!
This uses a couple patterns in the gorgeous Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper. I took my colors from it.
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 piece of polka dot pattern in Watercolor Wonder for the background.
- I added a large Circle Framelit from Calypso Coral cardstock in the background and stamped the greeting from Follow My Heart with Black Stazon on it.
- Across it, I added a 1 1/4 x 4 piece of the green Chevron pattern.
- I had the Eiffel Tower from Follow My Heart already stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White and sitting on my desk, added it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Next to it is a Silver Glimmer Paper Small Heart punched piece.
- The True Love piece on So Saffron was also ready to go and I cut the flag at the top for something a little different.
So, in the end I think the pieces went together pretty well! What do you think? Would make a nice Anniversary card!
Did you see? We are starting the Early Bird signups for our Spring Collection 2014 on Create with Connie and Mary. It's all about the Occasions and Sale-A-Bration projects! We have lots of GREAT ideas to help you!! See more information over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Leave a Reply