Today’s the today! Create with Connie and Mary July 2015 Session is NOW AVAILABLE! For my project, I used the Garden in Bloom stamp set and Cherry on Top Washi Tape! I loved how it turned out. But sorry, only subscribers can see that project. But, I decided to make a matching gift card holder for sharing on my blog! Make the project and add this little gift card holder as a bonus. Or…use it just as a card with a “hidden” note inside! Fun, isn’t it? Can you tell what I used for a base?
Need a hint? Maybe the second photo will help…
Can you tell now? If you guessed a regular card sized Whisper White envelope…ding, ding, ding…you are correct!
Here are the details:
- Fold a regular sized card envelope in half. Open and cut off the flap on the right side of the fold. I also cut off the side flap piece so I had a squared off look.
- Add a strip of Washi Tape along the edge for a little decoration.
- Inside, I stamped the Garden in Bloom three-step blossom with Pink Pirouette, stamped off Watermelon Wonder and full strength outline Watermelon Wonder. The leaves were stamped off Cucumber Crush and outlined in full strength Cucumber Crush.
- A 2-1/2 x 4 piece of So Saffron was cut for the note card inside. I stamped the bee with Tuxedo Black Ink and the body with Crushed Curry, then hand drew the dots for the pattern of his flight. You could use a gift card in place of this card…or use both!
- On the front of the outside envelope, I added some more Washi Tape along the edge.
- I cut a 2-1/2 x 4 piece of Whisper White, rounded the corners, then stamped the trio of flowers and leaves in the same way as the inside. I added some Perfect White Accents in the center of the flowers for some extra bling. It was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also filled in the background of the flowers with some Pink Pirouette solid flower images.
- The butterfly was stamped with Crushed Curry Ink.
- Huge Congrats from Watercolor Wishes Card Kit was stamped with Tuxedo Black ink.
OK…now, don’t forget to go subscriber over on Create with Connie and Mary! You don’t want to miss out!
Need some ideas for new sets? What some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? Check out the new Create with Connie and Mary Mini Session!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips
AND we are showing ‘snippets’ of the projects and letting you know what sets we used!
All this for only $8.95! Projects will be available July 26th and you will get ALL 5 ideas right away…no waiting! So head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!