Since it is Valentine week, I thought I’d pull out a set from the main catalog for our Create with Connie and Mary Challenge card! I actually did TWO cards using this sketch. This one is the one that was in my head for the past month or so since I saw the sketch. I’ll show the other one tomorrow and you can let me know which one you like better! lol!
Mary does the sketches for us using the MDS system, and she somehow snuck this sketch in on me. She knows that I’m not crazy about SMALL images…and this one has a ton in the background! But…our Challenge Team did a FANTASTIC job with it! So many great ideas that I never even though about doing with it! Here’s my first take on this sketch. I thought it would be fun to use the XOs in Little Letters Thinlets for the background.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Rose Red, folded in half and the top two corners rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder.
- On top the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White is embossed with the Happy Hearts Folder.
- On the 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Crumb Cake cardstock, the top corners were punched with the Corner Rounder and it was adhered over the Whisper White layer towards the bottom.
- A 1/4 x 4 strip of Love Blossoms DSP was cut to go across the bottom according to the sketch.
- Six X’s and six O’s were cut from Blushing Bride with the Little Letters Thinlets, then adhered to the Crumb Cake with Liquid Monoadhesive Glue.
- The outline heart from Hello Life was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Rose Red and hand-cut. Love was stamped on a 1/2 x 3 strip of Whisper White, cut with a flag end. They were both placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That’s it! Now…make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team this week…as I said…fabulous cards!
And, while you are there…we opened our FEBRUARY Mini Session TODAY! Don’t miss out on all the great projects we did this month! Sign up TODAY!
We just launched our Create with Connie and Mary February Mini Session…have you signed up yet? If not, here is some information and a sneak peek for you! You can sign up over on Create with Connie and Mary…or on my blog sidebar!
- Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets (each with 4 cards) and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all the projects and tutorials.
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month.
- Sets we are using for the February session:
- What I Love
- Easter Lamb
- Balloon Celebrations
- Party Wishes
- Playful Pals
Did you purchase our 2-month VALENTINE BONUS SPECIAL in January?
Remember the February Mini Session was included, you already have the password in that Welcome Letter!