Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! I’ve been lightly obsessed with gnomes the past year or so and have collected quite a few for different holidays! I love this Gnome wreath and I was really excited that Stampin’ Up! came out with the Gnome for the Holiday stamp set. However, I noticed that Mary got her card done before mine and she used that stamp set…so I remembered a couple punch art gnomes that I had made before. Perfect!
Wreath Builder Dies
The wreath builder dies worked perfectly again for this challenge and I copied the way I made the Fall Wreath a couple weeks ago by intertwining the Crumb Cake and Bermuda Bay wreaths, then adding in some sprigs of Whisper White that were cut apart from the second wreath.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of In Good Taste woodgrain DSP was added to the background.
- A 1 x 4 piece of Plaid Tidings Designer Paper was added across the bottom. To get the colors I needed to go with the inspiration wreath, I colored the white areas of the Cherry Cobbler/White Plaid with my Bermuda Bay Stampin’ Blends.
- One leaf wreath was cut from Bermuda Bay cardstock and one sprig wreath from Crumb Cake cardstock using the Wreath Builder Dies and intertwined together. Then another sprig wreath was cut from Whisper White and cut apart, then tucked around the wreath randomly. I added it to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The gnome hat was punched with the Pine Tree Punch by coloring more of the Plaid Paper. Some Linen Thread was wrapped around the hat in a cross cross pattern.
- I wanted a longer beard, so I used the trees from the Snow Time Dies, cut from Whisper White cardstock, and just trimmed off the smaller tree, then added it under the Pine Tree hat.
- The nose is a 3/8″ Circle punched from Blushing Bride cardstock.
- The feet/boots are punched from Cherry Cobbler cardstock with the Perennial Flower punch. He was added to the wreath with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bow and small flower from the Wreath Builder Dies were cut from Cherry Cobbler cardstock and added to the wreath and his hat.
- I used the label from the Snow Time Dies cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped the greeting from Itty Bitty Christmas with Cherry Cobbler Ink.
- Some Blue Adhesive Backed Gems were added to the label and to the flower on his hat for a little sparkle.
SOOOO happy with how this turned out! I think I may need to find a gnome wreath for my door this year! OK…check out what Mary did with the Inspiration Monday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6