Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have a GORGEOUS bright floral photo to inspire you!
I used To A Wild Rose and a fun background technique for my card today! Isn’t it vibrant?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mango Melody cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White Paper, I did the watercolor background technique below with the colors of Highland Heather, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody Inks.
- The lattice was cut from Basic Black with the Wild Rose die and added on top.
- The flowers were stamped on another sheet of watercolor background with Memento Black outline image and cut with the Wild Rose die.
- The centers of the two flowers were darkened with stamping the center in Memento Black Ink several times and the flowers were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped on the Granny Apple Green watercolor background paper and cut with the leaf die in Wild Rose. They were added under the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hello from To A Wild Rose was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Mango Melody and cut with the Stitched Shapes Oval, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A few Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the background.
Take a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card size piece of Shimmer White and spritz with water. Using a solid image, stamp randomly with first color Highland Heather. Clean stamp, ink with Melon Mambo. Clean, stamp with Mango Melody. I made two of these…one for stamping the flowers and one for the background.
On second 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Shimmer White, use Granny Apple Green and solid leaf image. Spritz background, then apply the leaves randomly several times. As you work and it dries, the image will become more distinct. Leave some white space.
Stamp the outline images with Memento Black randomly over top the watercolor backgrounds when they dry. Make sure to get a variety of the different colors on one image. Cut with dies.
What a FUN technique and EASY! I think it really gave me the look of the abstract floral inspiration piece! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!
Our next Collection in the January-June Mini Catalog is the darling SWEET CONVERSATIONS STAMP SET and SWEET HEARTS DIES! These cute heart graphics can be used for more than Valentine's Day, think birthdays, anniversaries, weddings...or anytime you want to share a little heart love! We've combined this Sweet Conversations Bundle with the Sweet Talk Designer Paper which also has stripes and non-Valentine prints! Our SWEET CONVERSATIONS COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a cute 3D project to fill with treats! See more details here!