Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have a GORGEOUS bright floral photo to inspire you!
I used To A Wild Rose and a fun background technique for my card today! Isn’t it vibrant?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mango Melody cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White Paper, I did the watercolor background technique below with the colors of Highland Heather, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody Inks.
- The lattice was cut from Basic Black with the Wild Rose die and added on top.
- The flowers were stamped on another sheet of watercolor background with Memento Black outline image and cut with the Wild Rose die.
- The centers of the two flowers were darkened with stamping the center in Memento Black Ink several times and the flowers were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped on the Granny Apple Green watercolor background paper and cut with the leaf die in Wild Rose. They were added under the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hello from To A Wild Rose was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Mango Melody and cut with the Stitched Shapes Oval, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A few Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the background.
Take a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card size piece of Shimmer White and spritz with water. Using a solid image, stamp randomly with first color Highland Heather. Clean stamp, ink with Melon Mambo. Clean, stamp with Mango Melody. I made two of these…one for stamping the flowers and one for the background.
On second 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Shimmer White, use Granny Apple Green and solid leaf image. Spritz background, then apply the leaves randomly several times. As you work and it dries, the image will become more distinct. Leave some white space.
Stamp the outline images with Memento Black randomly over top the watercolor backgrounds when they dry. Make sure to get a variety of the different colors on one image. Cut with dies.
What a FUN technique and EASY! I think it really gave me the look of the abstract floral inspiration piece! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
The In The Pines Stamp Set and Pine Wood Dies have some BEAUTIFUL trees in several shapes and sizes! For this In The Pines Collection, we've made FIVE cards (one a special fun fold), and a neat 3D project everyone can enjoy! Two of the cards are non-Christmas to give you an idea how to use this bundle all year around! We've paired this set with the Tis The Season Designer Paper. See the details here!
Who can resist Stampin' Up!'s sweet stamp set bundle, Freezin' Fun! Those little critters DO look like they are having SO much fun racing down those snowy slopes! We've made three cards (one a really "cool" fun-fold card), and a darling 3D project using the FREEZIN' FUN STAMP SET AND FREEZIN' FRIENDS DIES for this Collection, paired with the Snowflake Splendor Designer Paper! You won't want to miss getting this one! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: WMGYQXSV