Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have a GORGEOUS bright floral photo to inspire you!
I used To A Wild Rose and a fun background technique for my card today! Isn’t it vibrant?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mango Melody cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White Paper, I did the watercolor background technique below with the colors of Highland Heather, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody Inks.
- The lattice was cut from Basic Black with the Wild Rose die and added on top.
- The flowers were stamped on another sheet of watercolor background with Memento Black outline image and cut with the Wild Rose die.
- The centers of the two flowers were darkened with stamping the center in Memento Black Ink several times and the flowers were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped on the Granny Apple Green watercolor background paper and cut with the leaf die in Wild Rose. They were added under the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hello from To A Wild Rose was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Mango Melody and cut with the Stitched Shapes Oval, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A few Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the background.
Take a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card size piece of Shimmer White and spritz with water. Using a solid image, stamp randomly with first color Highland Heather. Clean stamp, ink with Melon Mambo. Clean, stamp with Mango Melody. I made two of these…one for stamping the flowers and one for the background.
On second 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Shimmer White, use Granny Apple Green and solid leaf image. Spritz background, then apply the leaves randomly several times. As you work and it dries, the image will become more distinct. Leave some white space.
Stamp the outline images with Memento Black randomly over top the watercolor backgrounds when they dry. Make sure to get a variety of the different colors on one image. Cut with dies.
What a FUN technique and EASY! I think it really gave me the look of the abstract floral inspiration piece! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Our next online class collection from the NEW Annual Catalog is the beautiful ARTISTICALLY INKED COLLECTION! Oh my word...have you seen this suite? The artistic images in this set give a unique watercolor look to backgrounds, flowers and leaves! And the metallic gold in the DSP is a perfect touch of bling! We've used ARTISTICALLY INKED STAMP SET, ARTISTIC DIES with the coordinating EXPRESSIONS IN INK DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a keepsake 3D project tutorial you will love! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR