Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have a GORGEOUS bright floral photo to inspire you!
I used To A Wild Rose and a fun background technique for my card today! Isn’t it vibrant?
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mango Melody cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Shimmery White Paper, I did the watercolor background technique below with the colors of Highland Heather, Melon Mambo and Mango Melody Inks.
- The lattice was cut from Basic Black with the Wild Rose die and added on top.
- The flowers were stamped on another sheet of watercolor background with Memento Black outline image and cut with the Wild Rose die.
- The centers of the two flowers were darkened with stamping the center in Memento Black Ink several times and the flowers were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped on the Granny Apple Green watercolor background paper and cut with the leaf die in Wild Rose. They were added under the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Hello from To A Wild Rose was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Mango Melody and cut with the Stitched Shapes Oval, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A few Noble Peacock Rhinestones were added to the background.
Take a 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 card size piece of Shimmer White and spritz with water. Using a solid image, stamp randomly with first color Highland Heather. Clean stamp, ink with Melon Mambo. Clean, stamp with Mango Melody. I made two of these…one for stamping the flowers and one for the background.
On second 4-1/4 x 5-1/2 Shimmer White, use Granny Apple Green and solid leaf image. Spritz background, then apply the leaves randomly several times. As you work and it dries, the image will become more distinct. Leave some white space.
Stamp the outline images with Memento Black randomly over top the watercolor backgrounds when they dry. Make sure to get a variety of the different colors on one image. Cut with dies.
What a FUN technique and EASY! I think it really gave me the look of the abstract floral inspiration piece! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Use HOST CODE: VB9JV42Q
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!