Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have gorgeous hand-crafted necklace for our inspiration today!
I have to say…I’ve used the Gather Together suite of products a LOT this season! It creates such beautiful cards! When I saw the leaf in the necklace, I knew I’d use it again. BUT…I also remembered making ribbon roses and wanted to recreate one of those! I LOVE how this card turned out. I spied some copper tones in with the gold, so I pulled out the copper for my card and used the Brightly Gleaming Designer Paper to get me started!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pretty Peacock cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Brightly Gleaming DSP is added on top.
- To make the ribbon flower, I used a 2-1/4″ Circle Punch from Very Vanilla cardstock for my base and covered it with Tear & Tape. I started in the center and twisted the Mint Macaron 1/4 Textile Ribbon around in circles until the circle was completely covered. The tail is adhered on the back.
- In the center, I punched the Medium Daisy punch from Copper Foil Paper, then punched it again with a 1″ Circle to make it smaller. A large clear Faceted Gem is in the center. Two Mini Dimensionals were stacked on top of each other and added to the center of the ribbon flower. It was added to the front of the card.
- The large leaf in Gather Together was stamped twice with Delicata Celestial Copper Ink on Mint Macaron cardstock, then cut with the Gathered Leaves Die. They were tucked under the ribbon rose on the front.
- Two embossed leaves were cut rom Copper Foil and tucked around the ribbon rose.
- Season of Thanks was stamped with Delicata Celestial Copper Ink towards the bottom.
This card is absolutely STUNNING in real life, if I must say so myself! I’m so happy it turned out like I had created in my head! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Wow! Have you noticed Stampin' Up!'s PLENTIFUL PLANTS BUNDLE in the new Annual Catalog? So many fun plants and containers to mix and match, plus there is a macramé hanger in it! We've used the PLENTIFUL PLANTS STAMP SET AND PERFECT PLANTS DIES with the coordinating BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a cute little container idea to make for yourself or give as a little gift! More details here!
You don't need to be a "Top Chef" to enjoy our new WHAT'S COOKIN' COLLECTION! These cooking utensils and greeting images are SO fun for the baker or cook in your life! We've used the WHAT'S COOKIN' STAMP SET and COOKIN' DIES with the BRIGHTS 6x6 Designer Paper in this Collection! You'll get three card tutorials (one a fun fold) and a sweet (or savory!) packaging idea that makes a great gift for your host/hostess! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: FMKEVSGR