Happy Monday! It’s time for our Create with Connie and Mary Inspiration Monday challenge! We have gorgeous hand-crafted necklace for our inspiration today!
I have to say…I’ve used the Gather Together suite of products a LOT this season! It creates such beautiful cards! When I saw the leaf in the necklace, I knew I’d use it again. BUT…I also remembered making ribbon roses and wanted to recreate one of those! I LOVE how this card turned out. I spied some copper tones in with the gold, so I pulled out the copper for my card and used the Brightly Gleaming Designer Paper to get me started!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pretty Peacock cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla cardstock.
- A 3 x 4 piece of Brightly Gleaming DSP is added on top.
- To make the ribbon flower, I used a 2-1/4″ Circle Punch from Very Vanilla cardstock for my base and covered it with Tear & Tape. I started in the center and twisted the Mint Macaron 1/4 Textile Ribbon around in circles until the circle was completely covered. The tail is adhered on the back.
- In the center, I punched the Medium Daisy punch from Copper Foil Paper, then punched it again with a 1″ Circle to make it smaller. A large clear Faceted Gem is in the center. Two Mini Dimensionals were stacked on top of each other and added to the center of the ribbon flower. It was added to the front of the card.
- The large leaf in Gather Together was stamped twice with Delicata Celestial Copper Ink on Mint Macaron cardstock, then cut with the Gathered Leaves Die. They were tucked under the ribbon rose on the front.
- Two embossed leaves were cut rom Copper Foil and tucked around the ribbon rose.
- Season of Thanks was stamped with Delicata Celestial Copper Ink towards the bottom.
This card is absolutely STUNNING in real life, if I must say so myself! I’m so happy it turned out like I had created in my head! OK, make sure to check out what Mary did with this challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Ghosts, Skulls, Cats and Pumpkins are hanging out here on Create with Connie and Mary with our CUTEST HALLOWEEN COLLECTION of tutorials! We've designed FOUR fun and easy Halloween favors to give to the ghosts and goblins around your house or workplace! These exclusive treat favors use the CUTEST HALLOWEEN STAMP SET and HALLOWEEN PUNCH, along with the Cute Halloween Designer Paper, and are sure to make the recipient smile! See details here!
We're excited to use Stampin' Up!'s PRETTY PUMPKINS BUNDLE for our next Collection to get us ready for fall! The bundle features pumpkins and vines and leaves...oh my! You'll get three card tutorials (one a special fold card) and a cute fall décor piece you can set out to hold your favorite candy, flowers, or other small items (it's also PERFECT for a tiered tray display!) We've paired the PRETTY PUMPKINS STAMP SET and DETAILED PUMPKIN DIES with the earthy tones of the Beauty of the Earth Designer Paper in this new collection of tutorials. More details here!
Use HOST CODE: W9B3G9EM