Welcome to the March Mediterranean Achievers Blog Hop! Glad to have you stop by! Our theme this month is “Wedding Dreams”. I hope you are inspired by all of the lovely creations this month! You may be starting the blog hop at my blog, or have just arrived from the person before me. To continue, click on the name below or above me on the list at the bottom of this post! At the moment you are visiting with Connie Babbert.
Usually I will make wedding cards personalized with the colors of the wedding…but since this one doesn’t have a recipient yet, I decide to use the neutral Sahara Sand color and a pretty Drapery Fold technique. Doesn’t it look fancy? I found several different patterns to use, but this one is inspired by Lyssa Zwolanek.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White.
- The Neutrals Designer Paper in the Sahara Sand floral pattern was cut 4 x 11-1/2, then scored at 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 10. Cut from the 3″ score to approx 1-3/4″ down from top right corner to make the diagonal. Pleat the score lines.
- The 3/8″ Crumb Cake Satin Stitched ribbon was wrapped around and adhered to the back of the DSP, then added the DSP to the front of the base card.
- The Beautiful Bunch flower was stamped with Sahara Sand Ink on Thick Whisper White and the center stamped with Black Archival Ink. It was punched out with the Fun Flower Punch. Another Fun Flower was punched from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper and adhered behind the stamped one. Then an additional Fun Flower was punched from Sahara Sand and two petals cut off (twice) for the leaves.
- The flowers and leaves were put together with Stampin’ Dimensionals and adhered to the front of the DSP over the ribbon. Slightly pinch the petals to curl the flower and leaves.
- Forever Begins Today from Suite Sayings is stamped with Black Archival Ink in the lower right corner.
- For some additional bling, an Iced Rhinestone was added in the center of the flower.
I love how beautiful this turned out…a perfect wedding card! And, I’ll definitely be using that Drapery Fold again! OK…to continue on the Mediterranean Achievers Blog Hop, find the name below mine, Connie Babbert, on the list below and enjoy!