OK, I’m still not in love with this set, Moroccan Nights, that we received at On Stage last month, but I challenged myself to use it while I was at my stamping retreat a week ago. Here’s the first card I made with it. Again, I’m using a couple of the new In Colors…Dapper Denim and Flirty Flamingo! I purposely left the greeting off of it to give it a general “notecard” look.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Flirty Flamingo folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the medallion in Moroccan Nights is stamped halfway at the top, bottom, and sides with Dapper Denim ink.
- The medallion is again stamped with Flirty Flamingo Ink on scrap Whisper White and completely cut out by hand. Then just the very center scalloped area was carefully cut out by hand taking care not to damage the rest of the medallion.
- Once again the medallion is stamped with Dapper Denim Ink on scrap Whisper White and the center portion hand cut, and the small circles punched with the 1/2″ Circle Punch. They are all popped up on the Flirty Flamingo Medallion with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then adhered to the base card.
- The very center piece already cut out from the Flirty Flamingo piece is adhered in the center with Stampin’ Dimensionals and a Perfect White Accent added to the center.
OK…what do you think? It kind of reminds me of porcelain dishes for some reason! It is pretty in person, so I hope the photo captures it.
Coming Soon! The May 2016 MINI SESSION is only $8.95 US and we’re using products and stamp sets from the NEW Catalog PREORDER items! It opens on May 18th to give our Design Team a little extra time for designing with the new products.
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both May and June for only $17.90 US and we have a BONUS Preorder project (see photo!) for you designed by me using Love & Affection Stamp Set and Affectionately Yours Designer paper! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!