Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is April Showers…rain, rainbows, umbrellas, etc!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA & FABLE FRIENDS
I combined two sets for my card…Under My Umbrella and Fable Friends. I thought the duck was so cute (and appropriate) for an April Showers card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP was added across the front.
- The Stitched So Sweetly scallop rectangle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the raindrops from Under My Umbrella several times with Marina Mist Ink, then adhered to the front.
- The duck from Fable Friends was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Light & Dark Pineapple Punch, Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Gray Granite Blends. He was cut out by hand and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The umbrella from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch. The handle was punched from Basic Gray cardstock. The umbrella was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the handle with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Light & Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Call Me Clover and Light Pineapple Punch Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top of the umbrella.
- A Pineapple Punch Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot was added in the center of the flower.
- The greeting from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Poppy Parade, Marina Mist and Pineapple Punch color combinations is one of my favorites and I love how this card turned out with combining both those sets! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
The NEW Annual Catalog is here and we are SO excited with all the FUN new things it offers! Nothing can make you smile more than seeing a garden full of colorful pansies, so for our first Collection we just couldn't resist the gorgeous Pansy Patch Bundle. We know you'll love the embossed Pansy Dies that enhance the detailed Pansy Patch stamp set. Plus, it has some beautiful font greetings! We've used PANSY PATCH BUNDLE with the PANSY PETALS DESIGNER PAPER for a colorful Collection with four card ideas and two gift packaging ideas! See more details HERE!
While we anxiously wait for the new Annual Catalog, do you want a perfect QUICK & EASY Product Class idea that features a couple retiring items? Or, do you often need a little gift box in a hurry? Have your customers (or you!) purchase the Perfect Parcel Dies (clearance for $14) and Flowers for Every Season Designer Paper (clearance for $6.90). You'll get four different box ideas (two are uniquely altered!) using this colorful and seasonal Collection and will have a TON of designer paper left to make more! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: DK7E6VQ6