Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is April Showers…rain, rainbows, umbrellas, etc!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA & FABLE FRIENDS
I combined two sets for my card…Under My Umbrella and Fable Friends. I thought the duck was so cute (and appropriate) for an April Showers card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP was added across the front.
- The Stitched So Sweetly scallop rectangle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the raindrops from Under My Umbrella several times with Marina Mist Ink, then adhered to the front.
- The duck from Fable Friends was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Light & Dark Pineapple Punch, Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Gray Granite Blends. He was cut out by hand and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The umbrella from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch. The handle was punched from Basic Gray cardstock. The umbrella was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the handle with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Light & Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Call Me Clover and Light Pineapple Punch Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top of the umbrella.
- A Pineapple Punch Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot was added in the center of the flower.
- The greeting from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Poppy Parade, Marina Mist and Pineapple Punch color combinations is one of my favorites and I love how this card turned out with combining both those sets! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Next up in our Annual Catalog releases is the absolutely darling WAY TO GOAT stamp set! Really...how much cuter can one set be? The greetings in it are perfect for those friends and family with a sense of humor! Our WAY TO GOAT COLLECTION of six card tutorials is combined with the Tasteful Label Dies and Subtles Designer Paper for a bright, fresh look! See more details HERE!
We love our next release from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalog called Nothing's Better Than! This whimsical stamp set with dies has coffee, cookies, cocktails and chocolate images...definitely some of our favorite things! And we've combined them with the NEW In Colors! Our NOTHING'S BETTER THAN COLLECTION of tutorials is an EXPANDED Collection with SIX projects! You'll get step-by-step instructions for FOUR cards and TWO small 3D favor projects...perfect for gift giving or upcoming craft fairs! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 7AWMZ9PR