Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is April Showers…rain, rainbows, umbrellas, etc!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA & FABLE FRIENDS
I combined two sets for my card…Under My Umbrella and Fable Friends. I thought the duck was so cute (and appropriate) for an April Showers card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP was added across the front.
- The Stitched So Sweetly scallop rectangle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the raindrops from Under My Umbrella several times with Marina Mist Ink, then adhered to the front.
- The duck from Fable Friends was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Light & Dark Pineapple Punch, Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Gray Granite Blends. He was cut out by hand and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The umbrella from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch. The handle was punched from Basic Gray cardstock. The umbrella was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the handle with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Light & Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Call Me Clover and Light Pineapple Punch Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top of the umbrella.
- A Pineapple Punch Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot was added in the center of the flower.
- The greeting from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Poppy Parade, Marina Mist and Pineapple Punch color combinations is one of my favorites and I love how this card turned out with combining both those sets! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stampin' Up! has outdone themselves with this pretty fall set called Nature's Harvest! It has flowers, leaves, branches and some wonderful greetings and we love the detailed Harvest Dies! For this Collection, we've paired the NATURE'S HARVEST BUNDLE with the coordinating Harvest Meadow Designer Paper for an explosion of muted fall colors and fun designs! You'll get SIX card ideas and TWO easy 3D projects using this gorgeous bundle! That's a total of EIGHT tutorials! See more details here!
Aren't those sheep just the CUTEST? How on earth could you ever resist getting them! We couldn't wait to play with this set and build a card tutorial Collection for you that we know you will love! AND...best of all you can get the stamp set and dies for FREE during Stampin' Up!'s Sale-A-Bration period! For this Collection, we've paired the COUNTING SHEEP STAMP SET and SHEEP DIES with the Border Basics Dies and Pattern Party Designer Paper for a bright and cheerful look! You'll get SIX card ideas using this fun bundle! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: KWK2ZCM9