Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is April Showers…rain, rainbows, umbrellas, etc!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA & FABLE FRIENDS
I combined two sets for my card…Under My Umbrella and Fable Friends. I thought the duck was so cute (and appropriate) for an April Showers card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP was added across the front.
- The Stitched So Sweetly scallop rectangle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the raindrops from Under My Umbrella several times with Marina Mist Ink, then adhered to the front.
- The duck from Fable Friends was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Light & Dark Pineapple Punch, Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Gray Granite Blends. He was cut out by hand and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The umbrella from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch. The handle was punched from Basic Gray cardstock. The umbrella was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the handle with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Light & Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Call Me Clover and Light Pineapple Punch Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top of the umbrella.
- A Pineapple Punch Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot was added in the center of the flower.
- The greeting from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Poppy Parade, Marina Mist and Pineapple Punch color combinations is one of my favorites and I love how this card turned out with combining both those sets! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Love is in Air! Not only on February 14th, but really just about any time of the year. One thing we love about the Forever & Always Stamp Set and Always Dies, is that it isn't just for Valentine's Day! If you look closely, it is perfectly suited for any day...birthdays, anniversaries, or weddings! Our next collection featuring the Love You Always Suite has a little of everything! We've made three cards (one a fun fold), and a decorated gift box that has a couple treats and a surprise inside for someone special! See more details HERE!
Could the Snail Mail Suite of products be ANY cuter? Look at those little faces and those Resin Hearts...oh my! We are using the Snailed It Stamp Set and Snail Dies for our next Collection of tutorials! For this Snailed It Collection, we've made three cards (one a fun fold), and an absolutely FUN and unique favor box that is perfect for your stamp camps and classes! You'll want to make several to give away! See more details here!
Use HOST CODE: DFQD4KKC