Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop and our theme this week is April Showers…rain, rainbows, umbrellas, etc!
UNDER MY UMBRELLA & FABLE FRIENDS
I combined two sets for my card…Under My Umbrella and Fable Friends. I thought the duck was so cute (and appropriate) for an April Showers card!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Marina Mist cardstock was embossed with the Beads & Baubles Embossing Folder, then layered on a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 piece of Pineapple Punch cardstock.
- A 1 x 3-3/4 piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP was added across the front.
- The Stitched So Sweetly scallop rectangle was cut from Whisper White cardstock and stamped with the raindrops from Under My Umbrella several times with Marina Mist Ink, then adhered to the front.
- The duck from Fable Friends was stamped with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White cardstock and colored with Light & Dark Pineapple Punch, Light & Dark Pumpkin Pie and Light Gray Granite Blends. He was cut out by hand and added to the rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The umbrella from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a piece of Brights 6×6 Poppy Parade DSP, then punched with the Umbrella Builder Punch. The handle was punched from Basic Gray cardstock. The umbrella was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals and the handle with Tombow Multipurpose Glue.
- The flower bunch was stamped with Memento Black Ink and colored with Light & Dark Poppy Parade, Dark Call Me Clover and Light Pineapple Punch Blends. It was hand-cut and added to the top of the umbrella.
- A Pineapple Punch Happiness Blooms Enamel Dot was added in the center of the flower.
- The greeting from Under My Umbrella was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White cardstock and cut with the Stitched So Sweetly Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
The Poppy Parade, Marina Mist and Pineapple Punch color combinations is one of my favorites and I love how this card turned out with combining both those sets! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: GWQPRERQ
Make someone their favorite beverage card or project by personalizing it using Stampin' Up!'s LATTE LOVE BUNDLE! This bundle is available now for demonstrators to preorder and to customers beginning March 1st as part of the new Online Exclusives offering! The hot chocolate and coffee art images are sure to bring a smile to their face. Plus, you can easily express your gratitude with the heartfelt sentiments. Combine the fun coffee mug, beans, spatters and coffee ring images with the French Press and Coffee Pot LATTE LOVE DIES in your choice of colors! We've added the coordinating A LATTE LOVE DESIGNER PAPER for even more fun iconic beverage-themed ideas! Our Collection includes SIX projects...FOUR cards and TWO gift certificate ideas! See more details here!
Stampin' Up!'s PLANTED PARADISE STAMP SET is lots of fun to mix and match and will take your love of plants to the next level! Combine the leaves, foliage and pots for an organic vibe to your projects that just might improve your mood and reduce your stress...and relax the recipient, too! This PLANTED PARADISE CARD COLLECTION is also a little different! We have gone all out on the INSIDE of each card to coordinate with the outside! (Tip: Since the finished inside COULD be used as an outside card idea, we are actually giving you 12 card design ideas...what a bargain!) We've added the PERENNIAL POSTAGE STAMP SET AND DIES to give you a variety of greetings and basic background shapes for these inside/outside cards! The POETIC EXPRESSIONS DESIGNER PAPER we used provides a soothing, muted look, too! See more details here!
Lift up a special someone's spirits using Stampin' Up!'s HOT AIR BALLOON BUNDLE by combining hot air balloon designs in various colors and the greetings to show birthday wishes, encouragement and support! Personalize your stamped papercraft balloons with HOT AIR BALLOON DIES that feature quilted elements, balloon baskets, hearts, banner, pennants and more! Our HOT AIR BALLOON COLLECTION also features the LIGHTER THAN AIR DESIGNER PAPER with soft vibrant colors. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for THREE cards (one a special fold) and a useful gift packaging holder, too! See more details HERE!