Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week the Design Team is featuring Birthday Cards! Why? Because it is MY birthday…and it is a BIG one! Oh my! Where does the time go? But, they say you are only as old as you feel…so I’m in pretty good shape!
I choose to use this stamp set as Hydrangeas are one of my very favorite flowers. I love their bluish purple look. I also love the new In Good Taste Designer Paper and thought they paired well today!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of In Good Taste Designer Paper (love those dark wood grains!)
- The 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the hydrangeas in each corner by inking them up first with Highland Heather, then using the “rock & roll” technique to add Balmy Blue Ink along one side.
- The leaves were added with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- It was layered on a 3 x 4 piece of Highland Heather cardstock, then added to the front.
- The Seaside Spray Linen Ribbon was added across the front, then tied with Linen Thread in a bow.
- Birthdays are the best days was stamped with Gorgeous Grape on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the Tasteful Label Die. It was added on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two Champagne Rhinestones were added to the label.
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!