Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! This week the Design Team is featuring Birthday Cards! Why? Because it is MY birthday…and it is a BIG one! Oh my! Where does the time go? But, they say you are only as old as you feel…so I’m in pretty good shape!
I choose to use this stamp set as Hydrangeas are one of my very favorite flowers. I love their bluish purple look. I also love the new In Good Taste Designer Paper and thought they paired well today!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of In Good Taste Designer Paper (love those dark wood grains!)
- The 2-3/4 x 3-3/4 piece of Whisper White cardstock was stamped with the hydrangeas in each corner by inking them up first with Highland Heather, then using the “rock & roll” technique to add Balmy Blue Ink along one side.
- The leaves were added with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- It was layered on a 3 x 4 piece of Highland Heather cardstock, then added to the front.
- The Seaside Spray Linen Ribbon was added across the front, then tied with Linen Thread in a bow.
- Birthdays are the best days was stamped with Gorgeous Grape on Whisper White cardstock, then cut with the Tasteful Label Die. It was added on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two Champagne Rhinestones were added to the label.
Next up in our Christmas Collections we featured the Gnome for the Holidays stamp set with the Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper for a warm holiday feel! Our GNOME FOR THE HOLIDAY COLLECTION has THREE cards (one a special fold card), and a darling home décor item perfect for a small gift! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s new CURVY CELEBRATIONS SUITE is an early release of the QUITE CURVY STAMP SET AND CURVY DIES that will be in the new January-June 2021 Mini Catalog. We've combined it with the coordinating Christmas stamp set, CURVY CHRISTMAS and CLASSIC CHRISTMAS DESIGNER PAPER in this Collection of EIGHT card tutorials! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: F6P9Q2NK