Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Last week our theme was April Showers…this week we continue with “Bring May Flowers”…any floral set! Which floral set with the Design Team choose? There are quite a variety!
I had to use Ornate Style Stamp Set for my card, although I did use completely different colors than what is in the Garden Suite AND I only used a partial piece of the large flower bundle. I love these soft spring colors.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White was added on top.
- A 1-3/4 x 3 piece of pink polka dot Best Dressed Designer Paper was added to the front left side, with a 2 x 3-1/4 floral Best Dressed DSP added over top of it. Then a 1/2 x 4-1/2 piece of Old Olive polka dot Best Dressed DSP over it! Three layers of DSP!
- The Highland Heather cardstock was cut with the Scallop Layering Circle die.
- The floral bundle from Ornate Style stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut a portion with the Layering Circle Die. It was colored with Light & Dark Highland Heather, Light & Dark Old Olive, Light Petal Pink and Light & Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. TIP: Cut the circle before you color to save a little time and effort!
- Pop up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp You’re Amazing from Ornate Thanks stamp set with Gorgeous Grape Ink on the Whisper White layer.
- Add a purple Glitter Enamel Dot to the background above the greeting.
Now…if you are REALLY observant, you will notice this is the same layout and colors that I used on my Easter card a few weeks ago! lol! Hard to believe it will be May in a few days!!! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Next up in our Annual Catalog releases is the absolutely darling WAY TO GOAT stamp set! Really...how much cuter can one set be? The greetings in it are perfect for those friends and family with a sense of humor! Our WAY TO GOAT COLLECTION of six card tutorials is combined with the Tasteful Label Dies and Subtles Designer Paper for a bright, fresh look! See more details HERE!
We love our next release from Stampin' Up!'s new Annual Catalog called Nothing's Better Than! This whimsical stamp set with dies has coffee, cookies, cocktails and chocolate images...definitely some of our favorite things! And we've combined them with the NEW In Colors! Our NOTHING'S BETTER THAN COLLECTION of tutorials is an EXPANDED Collection with SIX projects! You'll get step-by-step instructions for FOUR cards and TWO small 3D favor projects...perfect for gift giving or upcoming craft fairs! See more details HERE!
Use HOST CODE: 7AWMZ9PR