Happy Saturday! It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! Last week our theme was April Showers…this week we continue with “Bring May Flowers”…any floral set! Which floral set with the Design Team choose? There are quite a variety!
I had to use Ornate Style Stamp Set for my card, although I did use completely different colors than what is in the Garden Suite AND I only used a partial piece of the large flower bundle. I love these soft spring colors.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Highland Heather cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White was added on top.
- A 1-3/4 x 3 piece of pink polka dot Best Dressed Designer Paper was added to the front left side, with a 2 x 3-1/4 floral Best Dressed DSP added over top of it. Then a 1/2 x 4-1/2 piece of Old Olive polka dot Best Dressed DSP over it! Three layers of DSP!
- The Highland Heather cardstock was cut with the Scallop Layering Circle die.
- The floral bundle from Ornate Style stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut a portion with the Layering Circle Die. It was colored with Light & Dark Highland Heather, Light & Dark Old Olive, Light Petal Pink and Light & Dark Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. TIP: Cut the circle before you color to save a little time and effort!
- Pop up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp You’re Amazing from Ornate Thanks stamp set with Gorgeous Grape Ink on the Whisper White layer.
- Add a purple Glitter Enamel Dot to the background above the greeting.
Now…if you are REALLY observant, you will notice this is the same layout and colors that I used on my Easter card a few weeks ago! lol! Hard to believe it will be May in a few days!!! Next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous card and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!