This week on Create with Connie and Mary our theme is Christmas Favors or Gifts! Of course, 3D items are my favorite things to make and the whole reason I started with Stampin’ Up! in the first place! I have always loved making things for friends and family and also working craft fairs! The two kind of combine, don’t they? Here’s some sweet little gifts that I made for friends at On Stage earlier this month! Inside is a special little gift that stampers can use every day! It uses the beautiful Snowfall Thinlits that were on special last month…did you get yours?
- The base is 2 x 6 Soft Seafoam, scored at 1/2, 3-1/4 and 3-3/8.
- A 1-3/4 x 2-3/8 piece of Twinkle Twinkle DSP was added to the front.
- The bottom flap was folded up and stapled so the top will slide in. (Note: Place the staple closer to the bottom to leave room for the flap to fit!)
- The snowflakes were cut from Pool Party and Petal Pink with the Snowfall Thinlits and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Before placing the snowflakes, some Silver Thread was looped and added to the background under the snowflakes.
- For You from Tabs for Everything was stamped with Memento Black on Gray Granite and punched with the 1/2 Circle Punch, then adhered to the center of the snowflakes.
So what’s inside?
There’s a sweet Scissor Charm using one of the Snowflake Trinkets! I used an jewelry making earring hoop and some Swarovski Crystals for each one and added a couple jump rings so it laid nice on the 1-3/4 x 2 Whisper White layer.
I hope everyone liked them! I had fun making them. OK…what did the Design Team do with the Christmas Favor/Gift blog hop challenge? Next up is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa’s fabulous tags!
Is there anyone who doesn't like furry friends? We've combined Nine Lives and Happy Tails Stamp Sets to bring you our Pawprints Collection of tutorials! We've also used the Regals 6x6 Designer Paper Stack for a bright and cheerful look. You get SIX card tutorials using these two stamp sets for only $10 US! HINT: If you only have one of the sets, you can use the images interchangeably! See the details here!