This week’s Create with Connie and Mary blog hop theme is “Fun-Shaped Cards”! I was SO excited with this theme! I love thinking outside the box on some cards! This one was QUITE fun!
STITCHED SNOWFLAKES DIES
I found a Winter Hat Template online and printed it to the size needed to fit in a standard envelope. Or this would make a large card/tag for the outside of a gift bag!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mint Macaron, scored at 4-1/4. I used the template to trace around the hat onto the cardstock, making sure to leave the score line at the top uncut so it folds in half.
- The template was shrunk slightly and printed again. It was traced on the Whimsy & Wonder Designer Paper Mint Macaron print and the cuff of the winter hat on the stripe pattern. It was adhered to the base card.
- The Stitched Snowflakes were cut from Polished Pink and Basic White and adhered together and added to the hat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were punched with the Symmetrical Stems Border Punch from Mossy Meadow cardstock and tucked under the snowflakes.
- Tis the Season from Christmas to Remember stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The White Chalk Pen was used to draw the stitching around the edge of the card.
- A 1-3/8 Layering Circle was cut from Polished Pink cardstock, embossed with the Bark Embossing Folder, and added to the top of the stocking.
- Finally, a pink Playing With Patterns Resin Dot was added to the center of the snowflake for a little bling.
Didn’t that turn out CUTE! That DSP is perfect for a stocking hat! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: YCV2ZW6S
Stampin' Up! is introducing a special early release product suite from the Jan-June 2022 Mini Catalog called EDEN'S GARDEN! This Eden's Garden Suite is filled with sweet greetings, flourishing foliage images and blooming with garden frames and borders, plus a touch of metallic gold! We've used this upcoming Eden's Garden Stamp Set, Eden Dies and Ever Eden Designer Paper for our next Collection featuring FOUR card tutorials and TWO small favor packaging tutorials! See more details HERE!
Stampin' Up!'s FROSTED GINGERBREAD BUNDLE is just the sweetest! The larger images can be used to make yummy iced gingerbread paper cookies or elegant ornaments and snowflakes! Use the dies to cut out images directly from the Designer Paper, too! We've used the FROSTED GINGERBREAD STAMP SET and GINGERBREAD DIES, along with the GINGERBREAD AND PEPPERMINTS DESIGNER PAPER for our next Collection featuring THREE card tutorials (one a special fold) and a great gift idea for the holidays! See more details here!