This week’s Create with Connie and Mary blog hop theme is “Fun-Shaped Cards”! I was SO excited with this theme! I love thinking outside the box on some cards! This one was QUITE fun!
STITCHED SNOWFLAKES DIES
I found a Winter Hat Template online and printed it to the size needed to fit in a standard envelope. Or this would make a large card/tag for the outside of a gift bag!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Mint Macaron, scored at 4-1/4. I used the template to trace around the hat onto the cardstock, making sure to leave the score line at the top uncut so it folds in half.
- The template was shrunk slightly and printed again. It was traced on the Whimsy & Wonder Designer Paper Mint Macaron print and the cuff of the winter hat on the stripe pattern. It was adhered to the base card.
- The Stitched Snowflakes were cut from Polished Pink and Basic White and adhered together and added to the hat with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were punched with the Symmetrical Stems Border Punch from Mossy Meadow cardstock and tucked under the snowflakes.
- Tis the Season from Christmas to Remember stamp set was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on Basic White cardstock and hand-cut, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The White Chalk Pen was used to draw the stitching around the edge of the card.
- A 1-3/8 Layering Circle was cut from Polished Pink cardstock, embossed with the Bark Embossing Folder, and added to the top of the stocking.
- Finally, a pink Playing With Patterns Resin Dot was added to the center of the snowflake for a little bling.
Didn’t that turn out CUTE! That DSP is perfect for a stocking hat! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: VB9JV42Q
Create some winter magic with Stampin' Up!'s MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE! The delicate sprigs, berries and foliage combined with fine-line greetings promote winter's subtle beauty. Add a birthday, anniversary or get well greeting instead for an extra special message to warm up the cold weather months. Our MAGICAL MEADOW CARD COLLECTION features the MAGICAL MEADOW BUNDLE with the WINTER MEADOW DESIGNER PAPER. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX cards in this Collection! See more details HERE!
Celebrating a holly, jolly Christmas or any festive occasion is SO easy using Stampin' Up!'s MERRY & BRIGHT STAMP SET & DIES! Mix and match the word block greetings and use the two different types of lights for bright and colorful fun and instant cheer on your paper projects. Our MERRY & BRIGHT COLLECTION features the MERRY & BRIGHT BUNDLE with the MERRY BOLD & BRIGHT DESIGNER PAPER to make quick cards or decorations for any type of party. There are step-by-step tutorial instructions for SIX projects...four card designs AND two gift card holder ideas! See more details HERE!
Winter trees to Christmas scenes, our MERRIEST TREES COLLECTION has you covered! With multiple sizes of trees, presents, ornaments and stars that double as snowflakes, you won't run out of creative options using this set! We featured the MERRIEST TREES STAMP SET AND DIES with the A WALK IN THE FOREST DESIGNER PAPER to share the love of Christmas and the entire winter season. There are step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special project to use yourself, sell at craft fairs, or give away as a gift during the holidays! See more details HERE!