This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday blog hop theme is “Spooky Halloween”. Although Stampin’ Up! doesn’t seem to carry really SPOOKY type stamp sets, I think ghosts are spooky in nature…even if they are cute like this one! I always loved watching Casper the Friendly Ghost cartoon (who else remembers that show?)
SWEETS & TREATS meets FRIGHTFULLY CUTE
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 4-1/4 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Smoky Slate cardstock was stamped with the spider from Frightfully Cute Stamp Set in the upper left corner.
- The spider web was cut from Black Glitter Paper with the Frightful Tags Dies and added towards the right side.
- Two pieces of Cute Halloween DSP were added across the front. The “boo” pattern is 1 x 5, cut with a flag end; the stripe is 3/8 x 4-1/4, cut with an angled end.
- The “ghost” is the cover from the Sweets & Treats stamp set, stamped in Memento Black Ink on Basic White and hand-cut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two 3/8″ eyes were cut from Basic Black cardstock and highlighted with the White Chalk Pen.
- Frightfully Cute greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on Pumpkin Pie cardstock, then cut with the Frightful Tags Dies, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Yep…that is just TOOOO cute for a spooky card!!!!! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Use HOST CODE: 3XNDPW6M
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!