This week’s Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop theme is the song “We Wish You a Merry Christmas”. Thru the month we are featuring Christmas Carols as our themes and this one will focus on non-traditional Christmas colors on our cards!
I saw something on Pinterest that inspired me to make this Christmas Tree card using scraps of bright colored cardstock! I think it turned out SO bright and merry!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Polished Pink cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Soft Sea Foam cardstock was embossed with the Tasteful Textiles Embossing Folder.
- A 1-1/2 x 5 piece of Basic White was cut with the Basic Borders Dies, then adhered to the bottom of the Soft Sea Foam and trimmed.
- The greeting from Heartfelt Wishes was stamped in the “snowbank” with Polished Pink Ink.
- The tree trunk is 1/2 x 2 and centered in the snowbank.
- The tree “branches” are 1/2 strips of Polished Pink, Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green cardstock, adhered slightly wonked. The sizes are 2-3/4, 2-3/8, 1-7/8, 1-5/8 and 1-1/4. The top is 1/2 x 3/4.
- The star was cut with the Stitched Stars Dies from Rose Gold Metallic Paper and popped up at the top with a Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The ornaments are 1/4″ Circles from Rose Gold Metallic Paper added randomly with Mini Glue Dots.
Inspiration comes from ANYWHERE! I love my non-traditional Christmas Colors tree card! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Make someone HAPPY by sharing one of the projects from our next Collection using the RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS STAMP SET and BRILLIANT RAINBOW DIES! Use the stamps and/or dies to create rainbows in your favorite colors! Mix and match the hearts, raindrops, clouds and texture images with the greetings! We've combined this RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS Bundle with the SUNSHINE & RAINBOWS Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our RAINBOW OF HAPPINESS COLLECTION has SIX projects - FOUR step-by-step card tutorials AND two 3D treat favors that will be perfect to share! See more details HERE!
We are calling for SPRING in our next Collection from the January-June Mini Catalog using the DAFFODIL DAYDREAM STAMP SET and DAFFODIL DIES! These spring flower images are perfect for coloring or use the dies to build flowers in a variety of colors! We've combined this Daffodil Daydream Bundle with the FREE Sale-A-Bration Daffodil Afternoon Designer Paper for a coordinated look. Our DAFFODIL DAYDREAM COLLECTION has THREE step-by-step card tutorials (one a special fold!) and a useful 3D project, perfect for your desk! See more details here!