This is my second post today, so make sure to see my first one, too! The challenge this time on SUO Challenges is “Outdoors in the woods”…which can be anything outdoorsy, including Christmas/Winter scenes. I knew immediately that I wanted to use my Beauty of the Season stamp set along with the Hardwood background stamp! So, here is what I came up with for my outdoor scene:
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Cherry Cobbler cardstock, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake, I stamped the Hardwood Background stamp with Soft Suede Ink.
- I cut the Party Pennant from Whisper White, then stamped the Cardinal image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I used my Cherry Cobber and Crumb Cake Blendabilities Markers to color…love the richness they give to images! I popped up the Pennant on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Note: After I colored, I used a White Gel Pen for the eye.
- The 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon was wrapped to the back and adhered. I used a double length of Linen Thread and tied a bow around it.
- Finally, I had the JOY already cut from Red Glimmer Paper and thought it would work perfectly on the front!
So, make sure to check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges! Then grab your stamps and play along!
|Set:||Beauty of the Season|
|Inks:||Memento Tuxedo Black, Cherry Cobbler & Crumb Cake Blendabilities|
|Cardstock:||Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Whisper White|
|Accessories:||Party Pennants Die, Red Glimmer Paper, 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Ribbon, Linen Thread, White Gen Pen (eye)|
Have you stamped today?