This time over on SUO Challenges, our assignment was Cutting Edge, cards without the normal straight edge! How fun is that? I had to put on my thinking cap for this one! But, I ended up re-designing a card that I received from Chris Slogar at Leadership this year with the File Folder edge. Although Endless Birthday Wishes is not a new set, the Bohemian Designer Paper and fun Project Life Paper Clip Thinlets are new!
Here are the details:
- The base card of Blackberry Bliss cardstock was cut to 5-1/2 x 7-3/4 and scored at 4-1/4.
- Using the Envelope Board, punch the top right edge of the wider piece at 2-1/2 and 5-1/2 to form the tab on the right. Flip over and opposite corner punch again at 2-1/2 and 5-1/2 to for the bottom left tab. Use the Corner Rounder on the back of the Envelope Board to round the corners.
- Cut the Very Vanilla inside layer to 5-1/4 x 5-1/4, score at 1-1/4 and fold up to form a pocket for gift card. Cut the file folder top the same as above, then stamp Celebrate with Black Stazon ink. Adhere inside.
- Add a 1 x 5-1/4 strip of DSP to pocket on inside.
- Decorate outside of file folder with 2-1/4 x 5-1/2 Bohemian Designer Paper.
- Cut and punch the 1-1/4 strip of second pattern of Bohemian DSP using the banner punch.
- Cut and punch the 1-3/4 strip of Very Vanilla using banner punch.
- Stamp the birthday cake and greeting with Black Stazon, then watercolor with Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry and Bermuda Bay Markers.
- Cut the Project Life Paperclip from coordinating DSP and place so that it keeps the file folder closed.
Isn’t that fun? OK…go check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the Cutting Edge challenge over on SUO Challenges! Lots of great ideas for making non-traditional cards!