I’ve been wanting to use the Festive Flower Builder Punch in a little different way and I’ve been thinking about Coneflowers for a while! So, when the theme of the SUO Challenge this time is Punch It Up…I thought it was perfect! So, first thing I did was to google what colors they came in. I decided to use Rose Red with Rich Razzleberry sponging on them!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Hello Honey cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of English Garden Designer Paper.
- For each Cone Flower, I punched the larger petal on the Festive Flower Builder Punch from Rose Red, then sponged around the edges with Rich Razzleberry Ink. The stems were hand cut from Old Olive and sponged with Mossy Meadow Ink. The leaves I used the smaller petal on the Festive Flower Builder Punch and sponged Mossy Meadow around the edges.
- The center is the Extra Wide Oval punched from Hello Honey, then cut in half on a curve. I stamped the speckles from Glorious Grunge in Rich Razzleberry and sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry, too.
- I used a circle to add all the petals and center to, then popped it up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Thanks from Watercolor Wonder was stamped with Rich Razzleberry on Hello Honey cardstock and punched with the Extra Wide Oval.
- Gold thread was wrapped around and added under the oval before placing it on the front of the card. It adds just the right amount of sparkle!
That’s it! What do you think? I love how these turned out! OK…check out what the rest of the Design Team did over on SUO Challenges, then grab your punches and play along!