The theme this time on SUO Challenges is our Favorite Holiday Colors. It actually could be any upcoming holiday, so I choose to feature traditional Christmas colors. Although I love the non-traditional colors, red and green truly speak to me about the season. I also think Poinsettias feature the Christmas holiday for me. So I combined the two for my design this time!
I love the Square Pillow box (better get it soon…it is NOT being carried over to the new Spring Catalog!). I’ve decorated it for Halloween, Fall and now Christmas! Don’t you LOVE the glittery poinsettia…so pretty in real life! I also used the greeting from Christmas Tagables…a stamp set that you can only see online. I love it!
Here are more details:
- The base Square Pillow Box is cut from Crumb Cake cardstock, then stamped with the Hardwood Background Stamp with Crumb Cake ink.
- A 1-3/4 x 10 belly band of red striped Home for Christmas DSP was wrapped around the Pillow Box and secured in the front.
- The large petal from the Festive Flower Builder Punch was punched from Real Red Glimmer Paper 8 times and the smaller center punched twice. It was adhered to a 1-1/2″ Circle of Real Red.
- The center was pierced and a Vintage Brad placed in the center to hold all the pieces together.
- The leaves were stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on Garden Green, then punched with the large petal from Festive Flower Punch. They were spaced around the glitter poinsettia. The flower was added to the box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, the greeting from Christmas Tagables (online only) was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Very Vanilla and punched with the Decorative Label Punch. It is popped up under the flower with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…that’s it! Love making these cause they are so quick with the punch!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Design Team over on SUO Challenges to see what their favorite holiday colors are!