Another challenge over on SUO Challenges…and the theme is Spring! LOVE to see Spring arrive…the bright green tree buds, the fat robins, warmer temps, and early flowers popping their heads from the ground! We are lucky to be seeing an early Spring this year! So, here’s what I came up for my Design Team card!
One of my customers mistakenly ordered two of this Circle of Spring stamp sets…instead of returning it, I ordered the other wreath one she wanted and kept this one for myself! I paired it with the soft colors in Birthday Blossoms Designer Paper and used this week’s Create with Connie and Mary sketch (told you I loved it!)
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Blushing Bride, folded in half.
- Along the bottom I added a 2-1/4 x 4 piece of the Birthday Blossoms striped paper and at the top 2-1/2 x 4 green polka dot print from the same DSP.
- Across on a diagonal I adhered a 1-1/2 x 5 piece of Mint Macaron, then tripped off the excess on the sides. A 1/4 x 5 strip of Blushing Bride cardstock hides the top seam and a row of Pearls hides the bottom seam.
- The Circle of Spring wreath was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black, then colored with Pool Party, Blushing Bride, So Saffron and Mint Macaron Markers and cut with the Wonderful Wreath Framelits (same one as the Christmas wreaths). Pearls were added to the centers of a couple flowers. It was popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The bow was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Blushing Bride cardstock and cut with the bow in the Wonderful Wreath Framelits package.
- Hello Spring from the Circle of Spring stamp set was stamped with Tuxedo Black on a 3/4 x 1-1/2 piece of Whisper White and added over top the Mint Macaron cardstock.
I love the mix of patterns with the spring wreath! SOOOO pretty! OK, make sure to check out the rest of the SUO Challenge Design Team to see what they came up with for this Spring Challenge!