The theme this week on SUO Challenges this week is Celebrations of All Kinds! Make sure to stop by the SUO Challenges blog…we have a NEW look!
With attention in the retail stores going from Halloween to Christmas, Thanksgiving seems to be getting squeezed out! So, I thought I’d bring a little celebration with my Thanksgiving card so the holiday isn’t forgotten! I LOVE how my turkey turned out! Can you tell what I used for the body?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Cajun Craze, folded in half.
- On top, the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake is embossed with the Pretty Paisleys Folder.
- The body of the turkey is the Snow Friends Framelit snowman shape cut from Chocolate Chip cardstock. The legs are the snowman arms cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The beak is a triangle cut from Pumpkin Pie cardstock. The wattle along the beak is the holly framelit from the same Snow Friends Framelit Set cut in half.
- The eyes are the small circles in the Cookie Builder Punch from Whisper White cardstock and colored with a Basic Black Marker.
- The “feathers” are the leaves from May Flower Framelits cut from Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze, Daffodil Delight, and Real Red cardstock.
- Thankful banner from Acorny Thank You was stamped with Cajun Craze Ink on Whisper White and hand cut then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
What do you think? I love how it turned out! OK…go check out the new blog look and see what our Design Team did with the Celebration theme this week over on SUO Challenges!