WOOHOO! Over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions we are showing off the sets we used this past week with a BLOG HOP!!! Come take the tour and see what the designers have come up with. (Of course, you can only see the actual card sets if you are a subscriber!) In addition to using our stamp set for our Week 1 challenge, we also had to use one of the products in the Holiday Catalog…the Take Out Box! How fun is that? You probably have just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her box, don’t you? Before you take the tour, here is some information about our Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 1 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions 2014! We are doing one week of Halloween/Fall card sets and two weeks of Christmas! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $19.95 US, you’ll get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I used the stamp set Tee-Hee-Hee this week for my card set. Here’s a coordinating box you can use to go along with it! I choose to use the Take Out Box closed and tied Black Chevron and Tangerine/White Striped Thick Twine on mine…then tied on the tag.
Here are the details:
- I stamped the bats randomly on the unfolded box with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and then folded it closed.
- I cut a 2 x 4 piece of Basic Black for the tag and used the Scallop Tag Topper on the top.
- At the bottom of the tag I added a 1/2 x 2 strip of Motley Monsters DSP.
- I punched a 2 1/2″ Circle Moon from Crushed Curry and sponged the edges with Tangerine Tango.
- I stamped two more bats with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White and cut them out, then added them to the moon with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I also stamped the greeting with Tuxedo Black on a scrap 1/2″ strip of Whisper White, then adhered to the front. I added a couple rhinestones next to the greeting and also on the black “sky”.
- I added the tag to the box by tying it on the ends of the Tangerine Tango/Whisper White Thick Twine.
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Card “Create”tions Design Team blogs to see what they did with the Take Out Box Challenge! Next up is Natasha Zandbergen!