WOOHOO! Over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 we are showing off the sets we used in Week 3 with another BLOG HOP!!! Come take the tour and see what the designers have come up with. (Of course, you can only see the actual 3D projects if you are a subscriber!) You probably have just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her card, don’t you? Before you take the tour, here is some information about our Holiday Collection 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 3 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014! We are doing four weeks of holiday and winter projects for home decor and gift giving! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I’ve been wanting to use this White Christmas stamp set and do some aurora lights in the background. It is on my bucket list to see the lights up close and personal one day. I did see them when I was younger from a far distance, but I want to be CLOSE!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 x 10, folded in half to make a 5×5 square card.
- I cut a 4 x 4 3/4 layer of Pool Party cardstock, and layered a 1 3/4 x 4 3/4 piece of All is Calm Designer Paper along the left side. I used the Silver 1/8″ Ribbon to hide the seam and wrapped it around the back to adhere.
- On a 4×4 piece of Whisper White, I stamped the trees with Early Espresso Ink, then filled them in with the Early Espresso Marker.
- I stamped the trees again on scrap copy paper and cut a mask to lay over the snowy ground. Then I sponged Blushing Bride, Pool Party and Island Indigo Inks above the snow line.
- I stamped the snowflakes with White Craft Ink all over the sponged area.
- The polar bear was stamped with Tuxedo Black on scrap Whisper White and cut out. I added a little Pool Party Marker to him for shadows and placed him on the snow. I added the star with Tuxedo Black and colored with the Gold Marker.
- Thinking of You at Christmas was stamped with Island Indigo in the upper right corner.
- I layered the stamped Whisper White on a 4 1/4 x 4 1/4 piece of Island Indigo cardstock and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, I added a Blushing Bride Button tied with White Bakers Twine to the upper left side.
I LOVE how this turned out! Hope you like it, too!
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used! Next up is Natasha Zandbergen!