This week I used the stamp set Yee-Haw for my card set. It’s one of the exclusive Photopolymer sets that Stampin’ Up! has introduced online, so you won’t find it in the catalog. But, if you don’t have this stamp set, you could just copy the layouts I used! Isn’t that great? Of course, that is true with ALL of the card sets our designers are doing…just change them out with images you DO have!
Once again I used the Mini Treat Bag Thinlet this week. I didn’t intend to, but Mary used my other idea last week on her favor! lol!
Here are the details.
- The base of the Mini Treat Bag Thinlet was cut from Night of Navy cardstock. Adhere the two pieces of the bag together, but leave it open so it can be worked on easily.
- Cut some red check pattern from Maritime Designer Paper to 3-1/2 x 3-3/4. Finding the center at the bottom edge, punch the Large Oval Punch, then punched it again on the right and left of the center punch to create the points on the western shirt.
- Stamp the little asterisks image randomly over the red check pattern with Night of Navy ink, then adhere it to the center portion of the bag.
- At the top of the bag, cut down from the center portion approx. 1″, then cut from the side score lines to that center point to make the diagonal cut lines of the shirt collar (like a banner cut).
- Cut two 1 x 2″ of Whisper White and hand-cut diagonally to form the points of the collar (note: cut at the same time to make them symmetrical.) Add Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker “stitches” along the edges.
- Also cut a 1/2 x 4-1/2 strip of Whisper White and make the stitches along each side, then adhere it down the center and added the collar points on top. Trim off excess at bottom.
- Pierce holes for the Candy Dot Bases in the shirt placket and on the points of the shirt, then add the Night of Navy Candy Dots on top.
- Finish adhering the bag together.
- Stamp the badge from Yee-Haw with Night of Navy Ink on Crushed Curry cardstock and cut out. Stamp it again with Night of Navy on Whisper White and cut out the center banner. Stamp Sheriff with Real Red Ink on the banner and adhere on Crushed Curry badge. Add badge to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Isn’t this a FUN favor for a Western party? Too cute! And…you know you want the coordinating card designs, right? So…get more information and sign up at Create with Connie and Mary! Then continue around the rest of the blog tour from there!
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs April 5 – 25
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access for up to a YEAR!
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!