Because my order didn’t come in before my swap cards were due for the Control Freak Swappers Preorder Swap last month, I had to improvise with a new stamp set I received at Leadership, So Very Happy! I was able to use some new Designer Paper, Park Lane, because I had received it on the Stampin’ Up! Incentive Cruise, along with the Coastal Cabana Twine they wrapped our Pillow Gifts in! Nice to have new things! I’m happy with how this turned out!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral, folded in half.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Crumb Cake on top.
- Across the bottom, I used two patterns from Park Lane Designer Paper and cut them 1 x 4.
- I cut two 2 x 3 1/2 panels of Whisper White and Coastal Cabana, then used the Scallop Tag Topper Punch on the tops.
- On the Whisper White, I stamped the owl with Black Stazon, then used my AquaPainter and Crumb Cake Marker to watercolor. I added a little Calypso Coral Marker for his beak and stamped the flag banner with Calypso Coral Ink in his wing.
- I placed the tags together with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then used the Naturals Chevron Ribbon thru the hole, and tied together with a piece of Coastal Cabana Twine.
- The greeting is from the same, So Very Happy stamp set, stamped in Soft Suede Ink.
- Finally, for a little bling, I added a Rhinestone Jewel at the top of the flag banner!
The Control Freaks Swaps are always my favorite to receive…great ideas! And this time was no different!
And…we’re getting ready for our Summer Collection 2014, featuring products from the NEW CATALOG…you don’t want to miss it! Save $5 with our Early Bird Special…but hurry! More details on Create with Connie and Mary!