I used the card I made for an earlier Control Freaks New Catalog swap. I have kept it under wraps until now! I also added a coordinating little Curvy Keepsake Box! Of course, I had to use my favorite You’re Sublime stamp set!
- I used Tip Top Taupe for the base
- I added strips of Bermuda Bay, Lost Lagoon, Pool Party and Soft Sky adhered to a layer of Whisper White, then embossed it with Elegant Dots folder.
- I wrapped the Bermuda Bay Baker’s Twine around and tied a bow.
- The sub was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Whisper White, colored with Pool Party and Smoky Slate, then stamped again on Hello Honey and cut the body of the sub out and paper pieced it over the Whisper White one. It is cut with the Circle Framelit and layered on the next size circle of Tip Top Taupe. The fish were colored with Tangelo Twist.
- In the center of the sub portholes I used the Perfect White Accents and popped up the circles on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I cut the Curvy Keepsake Box from Pool Party cardstock, then stamped along the bottom with the Wild About Flowers stems in Mossy Meadow and Old Olive Inks. The fish were stamped with Tuxedo Black and colored with Tangelo Twist Marker.
- At the top, I did the submarine the same way and stamped/cut a second one so I could adhere it back to back at the top of the sub. Then the sub fits down over the tabs of the Curvy Keepsake Box, but it easy to take off and open the box since it isn’t permanently attached.
Fun, aren’t they? Now travel along to Julie Davison for the next stop on the Tour de Freaks and see what SHE came up with for the theme this month!