I had time to do a couple more challenges this week! I’m feeling quite accomplished! lol! This time I used the theme from Global Design Project ” GDP179 Sweeter Than Candy” AND I used The Paper Players theme of “PP431 Spring Fever”! I thought both of them matched up pretty good for Easter Favors!
I found these plastic carrots filled with powdered candy (like Pixie Sticks) at Dollar Tree and they looked SO fun! I used them for another favor project in our newest Create with Connie and Mary Best Bunny Treat Box Collection of tutorials, too! Don’t miss out on getting it! See details here.
This Best Bunny Easter Favor is a throwback to a holder for the Test Tubes that Stampin’ Up! used to carry. I had to adjust the size of the box to fit the candy filled carrots!
- The base is 3 x 9-1/4, with 9-1/4 at top of Simply Scored, score at 1, 2, 3-1/2 and 4-1/2.
- In the second 1″ panel from the bottom, punch two 3/4″ Circle holes.
- Place adhesive on the first 1″ panel, then roll up and secure to the back.
- Add 2-3/4 x 3 piece of How Sweet It Is to the back and then a 1-1/4 x 2-3/4 piece of coordinating How Sweet It Is DSP on the front.
- Add a 3/8 x 2-1/2 piece of Granny Apple Green cardstock across the front panel and two coordinating Glitter Dots.
- Stamp the bunny from Best Bunny stamp set with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White and color with Pineapple Punch and Flirty Flamingo Stampin’ Blends. Add some grass stamped with Granny Apple Green Ink.
- Punch bunny with 1-1/4 Circle Punch and adhere to 1-3/8 Scallop Circle Punch. Place on front of box with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Place candy carrots in the holes and tie the White Organdy Polka Dot Ribbon around in a knot to secure them in the holder.
- Stamp Easter Greetings from Fable Friends stamp set with Memento Black Ink on Coastal Cabana cardstock and punch with 1-3/8 Scallop Circle Punch. Punch a 1/8″ circle at the top.
- Stamp the carrot with Memento Black Ink on scrap Whisper White, color with Pumpkin Pie and Granny Apple Green Stampin’ Blends, hand-cut and attach to tag with Mini Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Add tag by tying with the ribbon.
SUPER sweet project! I love how it turned out! I know my grandkids will adore them in their Easter Baskets this year!
Create with Connie and Mary's next Collection of tutorials combines the Wonderfully Wicked Stamp Set with the Ornate Frames Dies! What a FABULOUSLY spooky combination! We have created SIX fun treat boxes in this Collection with step-by-step photo tutorials. You'll love making these fun little gifts for friends, family and neighbors! Fill with candy or other small items and they are ready to go! Perfect for fall craft fairs! (All but one can easily be adapted for Christmas treats, too!) See all the details HERE!