It’s Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop! We are featuring traditional Christmas colors for this week’s hop! Check out these fun ideas from our Design Team!
To me, poinsettias are Christmas! I love seeing them all over the place, especially the red ones. I wish I could have one (or more!) in my home, but my CAT loves to eat leaves off any real plant. Since I believe I’ve heard that poinsettias are poisonous to small animals, I haven’t had any around on display. Because poinsettias are very traditional, I used Reason for the Season this week. This idea could also be used as a stand-along tag if you needed an idea for those!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mossy Meadow cardstock (my favorite green this year!).
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, embossed with the Woodgrain folder.
- A 2 x 3-1/4 strip of Merry Moments DSP was punched at the top with the Ornate Tag Topper punch. Some Thick Cherry Cobbler Twine was tied thru the hole. It was attached to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Reason for the Season stamp set poinsettia outline was stamped (twice) with Black Archival Ink, then the petals with Real Red and leaves with Old Olive. An AquaPainter was used to add more Real Red and Old Olive colors in the images. The full image was cut, then just the center portion of the second one was cut, then adhered together with a Stampin’ Dimensional. It was placed on the tag with more Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Peace be with you from the same stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on a 3/4 x 1-1/2 strip of Whisper White and cut into a flag end, then tucked under the poinsettia. It is adhered with another Stampin’ Dimensional.
- In the center of the Poinsettia is a few drops of the Gold Dazzling Details and adds a little sparkle!
OK…next up on the Blog Hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website so you can find out more about signing up for our November (and December bonus!) subscriptions, then continue onto Mary’s blog from there! Our November session is NOW OPEN!