It’s Thursday again (already!) and time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun color challenge. You’ll see that I deviated just slightly on my card…my flower needed green leaves and stem, it just didn’t look right in Crumb Cake! I tried it and it looked like my poor flower was dying! lol!
So here’s my card:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Real Red, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the Hardwood Background Stamp and White Craft Ink.
- Over that is a 2-1/2 x 4 strip of Brights Designer Paper Stack, then a 1/2 x 4 piece of Lost Lagoon cardstock over that.
- The greeting from Best Thoughts was stamped with Black Stazon ink in the upper right corner.
- The large flower from Best Thoughts was stamped with Black Stazon Ink on Whisper White, then using a Blender Pen and Ink Pads, the flower was colored with Lost Lagoon and Old Olive, then cut out and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, a Crumb Cake button was tied with White Bakers Twine and added to the strip of Lost Lagoon cardstock.
I LOVE the Blue Hydrangea bushes in my yard and this card reminds me of them!
Make sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! Then grab your stamps and play along! We love to see what you do with the colors!