Gosh…it has been a few months since I’ve been able to participate in the monthly Control Freaks Blog Hop! Just been really busy at that scheduled time of the month so couldn’t swing getting any extra projects done! But, I’m excited to be back and able to participate! The theme this month is the new goodies from the Occasions or Sale-a-Bration catalogs! I decided to use a set that has been sitting on my desk the past few days, Bloomin’ Love! You’ve probably just come from Debbie Henderson’s blog...always love her projects, don’t you?
I must admit…I’m ready to move on from making Christmas cards! Who doesn’t love some sweet Valentines? I love the flowery set, Bloomin’ Love in the Occasions Catalog…and the yummy Love Blossoms Designer Paper and coordinating Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit! So much FUN stuff!
First up is this heart apothecary jar that I picked up at the M*** store AGES ago…in fact, I was with Mary Brown when I bought it and shipped it back with me from Palm Springs, California after Leadership that year. I have used the clear ones that I bought…but this red one has been sitting on my shelf so I pulled it out to use!
- The flowery heart from Bloomin’ Love is stamped with Blushing Bride on Whisper White and hand cut, then adhered to the gold heart doily in the Love Blossoms Kit with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Some gold sequins in the kit were added to the flowers.
- The banner was stamped with Real Red and the words with Tuxedo Black ink, and hand cut, then added across the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The entire heart was added to the front of the glass apothecary jar with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Blushing Bride Satin Ribbon from the Kit was tied around the neck and some of the string pearls and Blushing Bride Sequin Trim was tied in the knot of the ribbon.
- The floral image from Bloomin’ Love was stamped with Garden Green, then punched with a 1-1/4″ Circle and adhered to the cork. The outline flower was stamped with Tuxedo Black on Blushing Bride and adhered over the floral image with a Stampin’ Dimensional. A white sequin from the Kit was added to the center.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White.
- Along the bottom of the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Blushing Bride, a 1-3/4 x 4 strip of Love Blossoms DSP was added to the bottom. Then placed on the front of the base.
- A 1/4″ x 4 strip of Gold Glimmer Paper hides the seam.
- The Bloomin’ Heart Thinlet Die was cut from Rose Red cardstock and added to the top of the card.
- White sequins from the Love Blossoms Embellishment Kit were added to the Heart diecut.
- The banner was stamped with Tuxedo Black and greeting with Rose Red, handcut and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Blushing Bride Satin Ribbon in the kit was tied in a knot with the string pearls and Blushing Bride Sequin Trim tied in it. It is added to the banner with Mini Glue Dots.
Here’s the duo together! Love how this little gift ensemble came out! Fill the apothecary jar with candies or bath salts for a nice little gift!
Next up is Wendy Weixler to continue on the blog tour! Keep going around until you get back here and you’ll have completed the blog tour! Enjoy!