I’m happy to be able to play along again this month with the Alaska Achievers Monthly Blog Hop! This blog hop is for those of us who have earned the Stampin’ Up! Alaska Incentive trip in July! Wow! Only a few more weeks until we go! Our theme this month is new catalog products! You are at my blog, Connie Babbert, and you’ll continue around the blog hop by clicking on the link under my name in the bottom list. I’m in the USA, so if you need any of the products I used, please contact me!
When I was creating my Rooted in Nature flower for last Monday’s post (SEE THAT BLOG POST HERE!), I got to thinking that it would be gorgeous done in red for a poinsettia! (A lot of you mentioned the same thing to me!)…so I created the same card with new colors for a Christmas Poinsettia using the small and large Rooted in Nature leaves!
Since a poinsettia is more oblong shaped than round, I moved the leaves around a little when adhering so they were more oval.
- The base of the card is 4-1/4 x 11, scored at 2-3/4 x 5-1/2. The card is folded in half, then the front panel is folded back on itself.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Under the Mistletoe Designer Paper was added to the inside panel.
- To create the flower, I started by stamping 7 of the large leaves and 6 of the smaller leaves with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Poppy Parade cardstock. They were cut out with the Framelits.
- I punched a 2-1/4″ circle and covered it with Snail adhesive, then began with the larger leaves and formed the background poinsettia in an oval shape.
- On the smaller leaves I placed the adhesive on the back and layered over the large ones. I curled all the petals slightly for a natural look.
- In the center are three large Gold Faceted Gems.
- The flower was added to the front panel, hanging over the edge.
- For the actual “leaves” of the poinsettia, I stamped 5 leaves with Shaded Spruce Ink on Shaded Spruce cardstock, then cut out with the Framelit and tucked them under the poinsettia on the front panel.
- Finally, the greeting from Stylish Christmas stamp set was stamped with Memento Black Ink on a 3/4 x 3-3/4 strip of Whisper White, the end was flag cut and tucked under one of the petals.
- Inside, I stamped the second greeting from Stylish Christmas with Memento Black Ink on Whisper White, then cut with the Stitched Labels Framelits (LOVE those!)
Isn’t that a gorgeous, BIG poinsettia. I can see these adorning the top of a gift or box, too!
OK…continue on the Alaska Achievers June 2018 blog hop by clicking under my name, Connie Babbert, on the list below! I’m sure they will have some fabulous creative projects to show you, too! And, visit my ONLINE STORE to order any of the products used! I’m happy to have you as my customer if you don’t already have a demonstrator!