I really have been working hard in my studio using lots of the new products in the Holiday Catalog…unfortunately they are for swaps and future classes so I can’t show them off yet! Soon, I hope! So…I finally sat down and played with the colors to make a Monarch looking butterfly with Watercolor Wings for my Stamp Club last month. Here’s a card I made with a leftover butterfly!
Here are the details on how to recreate this card:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Pool Party was embossed across the top 2/3s with the Elegant Dots Embossing folder. A strip of Cherry on Top Washi Tape is placed under the embossed area.
- The 2 x 4-3/4 Whisper White was punched with the Ornate Tag Topper Punch, then Calypso Coral Seam Binding was placed thru the hole with Daffodil Delight Baker’s Twine tied in a bow.
- You are so kind from Watercolor Wings was stamped with Hello Honey Ink at the bottom of the tag. A 1/8 x 2-1/2 strip of Calypso Coral cardstock was added to the tag, and then a Perfect White Accent added on it. The tag is popped up on the front of the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Watercolor Wings butterfly was stamped with Daffodil Delight, Calypso Coral and Watercolor Wonder Inks and cut with the new Bold Butterfly Thinlets. A Basic Black outline butterfly from Butterfly Thinlets was cut and adhered over top. I love how both sets of butterfly framelits work with each other! I added the butterfly to the tag with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…love it! Hope you are inspired, too! Those butterflies are so much fun to make!
Need some ideas for new sets? Want some exclusive ideas that are not posted public? LAST CHANCE to check out the new Create with Connie and Mary AUGUST Mini Session! Here’s a sneak peek of this month’s projects!
All FIVE projects are available once the mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials) right there at your fingertips. PLUS…Mary and I will be each be showing 2 cards each with the Howl-o-ween Treat stamp set and Happy Hauntings Designer Paper…giving you another full card set of ideas!
All this for only $8.95! We opened on Wednesday, August 19th so it is available to view NOW! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up!