WOOHOO! Over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 we are showing off the sets we used this past week with a BLOG HOP!!! Come take the tour and see what the designers have come up with. (Of course, you can only see the actual 3D projects if you are a subscriber!) You probably have just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her card, don’t you? Before you take the tour, here is some information about our Holiday Collection 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 1 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014! We are doing four weeks of holiday and winter projects for home decor and gift giving! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s stamp set, Partridge & Pears, for my card this week since I used it on my fun project! I ended up doing a really COOL technique with it, too! It changed the color of the bird from Night of Navy to almost a Marina Mist color! I love that it has such a contrast! And, even though the base card is square, with the topper it still fits in a normal sized envelope.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Night of Navy folded in half to make the square base.
- On top is a 4 x 4 square of All Is Calm Designer Paper in the Smoky Slate medallion pattern.
- On a 3 x 3 1/2 piece of Night of Navy, I used Versamark and embossed the Partridge & Pears image with Silver Embossing Powder.
- To get the lighter color on the Partridge, I put a couple drops of White Craft Ink on a plastic sheet and added a couple drops of water. I used an AquaPainter to whitewash the partridge bird. I loved how it lightened it!
- The Night of Navy cardstock was layered on a 3 1/4 x 3 3/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper using Monoadhesive Liquid Glue.
- I added the top portion to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 1 x 4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the greeting with Night of Navy ink. I tied the Night of Navy Seam Binding around and tied a knot.
It is so shimmery and sparkly in real life!
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used! Next up is Natasha Zandbergen!