It’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop! This month our theme is techniques. Nicole Tugrul selected Decorative Masks (stencils) or Inked Embossing Folders for this week’s technique.
You’ve probably just come from Deb Currier’s blog, didn’t you love her card?
I used the Hearts & Stars Decorative Masks, well the stars, for my card this week! I combined it with the Oh My Goodies stamp set…it was the first time I inked that set up! I also used the Yellow Citrus Chalk Ink Pad, it made inking up the stencil VERY easy! Here are the details:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Daffodil Delight, folded in half for base card.
- On top is a layer of 4 x 5-1/4 of Basic Black.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, ink the Stars thru the Decorative Mask with the Yellow Citrus Ink Pad and a sponge dauber.
- Adhere the Stacked with Love Washi Tape across the front of the card, then add 3/4 wide strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock, cut with a flag end. Then add a 1-1/2 strip of All Abloom Paper Stack, cut with a flag end.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White, the Oh My Goodies image was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink, cut with the Deco Label Framelit. Then it was stamped again on Daffodil Delight cardstock with the center “umpteenth” cut out and placed over the Whisper White one.
- Two Rhinestone jewels were added along the side of “umpteenth” and the Deco Label was popped up on the front with with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Tour to see what Mary Brown’s card looks like!