OK…really! Are you sick of seeing cards made with this Delicate Baubles Die yet? I think I need a 12 step program to back away from creating more characters! But…really…how could I NOT make a GRINCH, then decided he needed his sidekick, Max!
Stampin’ Details for base of both cards:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Granny Apple Green cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Basic White cardstock.
- A 2-1/2 x 4-3/4 piece of Heartwarming Hugs Designer Paper is added to the front.
- A 1/2 x 5-1/4 strip of Real Red cardstock is adhered over top..
- The greetings from Perfectly Plaid Stamp Set were stamped with Memento Black Ink on Granny Apple Green and punched with the Double Oval Punch and added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Delicate Baubles solid arabesque Die was cut from Granny Apple Green cardstock and the top portion from Real Red cardstock was adhered at the top.
- The trim of the hat was hand-cut from Basic White cardstock and the pom pom is a 1/2 Circle, added with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- The eyes are a 1″ small oval cut from Crushed Curry cardstock. (I used the retired Small Oval Punch.) The pupils are a 1/4″ Circle from Basic Black.
- The nose is a 1/2″ circle cut from Granny Apple Green. The mouth is drawn with the Basic Black Marker.
- The eyebrows are the center top portion of the Beautiful Trees Die (see photo) cut from Basic Black cardstock.
- Highlights on the eyes and nose were added with the White Chalk Pen.
- He was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Next up is MAX the dog “reindeer”.
- The Delicate Baubles solid arabesque Die was cut from Soft Suede cardstock.
- The nose was a rounded triangle hand-cut from Crumb Cake cardstock and popped up on the front of the bauble with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ears were hand-cut long ovals from Early Espresso cardstock and adhered behind the bauble.
- The eyes are 1″ ovals cut from Basic White cardstock and the pupils are 1/2″ circles from Basic Black cardstock. (I used the retired Small Oval Punch.)
- The eyelids are 1″ ovals trimmed and added to the eyes with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The eyelashes are branches trimmed from the Beautiful Trees Dies and adhered to the eyelids.
- The nose is the 1″ oval cut from Basic Black cardstock.
- The tree branch for his “antlers” is cut with the Seaside Seashells Die from Crumb Cake cardstock (see photo).
- Some Linen Thread was tied in a bow and added to the branch. It was adhered to his head with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Some dots were added to the nose with the Basic Black Marker.
- Highlights were added to the eyes and nose with the White Chalk Pen.
- The bauble was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
LOVE how these turned out!!! So much fun to create them! Have you bought the Delicate Baubles Dies yet???? You can order them below!
Use HOST CODE: 3XNDPW6M
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!