Good morning! Hope you all had a great weekend. I worked on swaps for the upcoming On Stage and then we watched our grandson, Carter, on Saturday while his parents went out to dinner with friends. He is such a blast to be around! He is obsessed with these colorful magnetic tiles he got…we must have built 20 different “houses” with them! I’m thinking he needs another box of them for his birthday coming up!
So, this card is a little different for me! I wanted a impressionist look to color the mountain range image from In The Meadow. I used the Timeless Textures stamp set for my “coloring”.
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Crumb Cake, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow (I will SOOOOO miss this color when it retires next month!)
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, the mountain range was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- For the “water”, the rectangle smudge image was used with Pool Party Ink along the base of the mountains, with the lighter area of the image facing down. For the mountains, Crumb Cake was used with the curved rectangle lighter area image facing up and overstamped a couple times. Smoky Slate was used for the sky and stamping off as it moved farther into the sky with the curved image. (See below for image).
- The sun was made with Crushed Curry Ink and a sponge dauber rubbed in a circle.
- The greeting from Watercolor Wishes was stamped with Black Archival Ink in the lower left side.
Since it is a little hard to describe the images, here’s a photo of the two “coloring” images I used in Timeless Textures…bottom for water, top for mountains and sky.
That’s it! REALLY simple…but I love the impressionist look! You just need to play a little with it. I’m always needing “guy” cards, and I think someone will like this that has a birthday coming up! lol!
Over on Create with Connie and Mary, we are getting ready to launch our APRIL MINI SESSION with projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog for only $8.95 US! Get some great ideas for your “last chance to order” classes!
- All FIVE projects are available once the monthly mini collection opens so you immediately have all projects (and tutorials)
- Mini Sessions open on the 11th of each month
- Bear Hugs
- A Nice Cuppa
- Helping Me Grow
- Suite Sayings
- Timeless Textures
You don’t want to miss this, and you can sign up over at Create with Connie and Mary NOW!