I know…it’s Thanksgiving! HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I hope that you saw my Banner Blessings card that posted yesterday. Today for our Create with Connie and Mary sketch challenge, I went with a Christmas card, mainly because after today everyone’s thoughts will be more firmly focused on Christmas! Have fun playing with this sketch, lots of great ideas from our Challenge Team this week! I originally said this was Festival of Trees, but actually it is the tree image in Many Merry Stars stamp set in the Holiday Supplement catalog!
Here’s my take on the sketch:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Real Red, folded in half.
- On 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Sahara Sand, I added a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper.
- I covered the seam with a 1/4″ strip of Silver Glimmer Paper.
- The Many Merry Stars tree image was stamped with Silver Ink on Real Red, Whisper White and Pacific Point, then used the Tree Punch to punch the images out. I lined them up in a row above the Glimmer Paper.
- In the center of each tree, I added a Rhinestone Jewel.
- Finally, I stamped Tis the Season with Tuxedo Black ink on Whisper White and cut with the Project Life Framelits.
Every year, I always love doing a patriotic Christmas card. I really like how this turned out! Make sure to check out the rest of the fabulous Challenge Team designs this week over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along! Enjoy your Turkey Day!