This week we are “Casing Melissa Davies”! Here’s her Halloween card that I chose to case.
BAG OF BONES
And here’s how I updated her card using the new Bag of Bones Bundle! And I was actually inspired to do the split background from another Christmas card she made, too! Since my skeleton was white embossed on black and wouldn’t show up on black DSP, I used the three colors of candy corn for my background instead. I also reversed the focal image placement so it made sense for my skeleton.
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Basic Black cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of polka dot Brights 6×6 DSP was added to the background.
- 1-3/4 x 4 piece of Basic White, Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight were laid together, then cut with the Scallop Contour Die, then assembled on the DSP.
- The greeting was stamped with Memento Black Ink on the Pumpkin Pie layer.
- The skeleton from Bag of Bones was stamped with Whie Craft Ink on Basic Black cardstock, then embossed with White Embossing Powder and cut with the Bag of Bones Die, then added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The hat and boots were cut from Crumb Cake cardstock and added to the skeleton.
- The bats were stamped with Memento Black Ink in the upper right corner.
- A trio of black Sparkle Gems were added to the background.
This card just makes me SMILE! I’m going to mail it off to my oldest grandkid for Halloween…he’s a big fan of country music! OK, next up on our blog hop is our Create with Connie and Mary website, then on to creative Mary Brown, or head backwards to see Melissa Davies’ fabulous project and see what everyone did with this challenge!
Stamps: Bag of Bones
Inks: Memento Black, White Craft Ink
C/S: Basic White, Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Brights 6×6 DSP
Accessories: Bag of Bones Dies, Scallop Contour Dies, Sparkle Gems, Adhesives
Use HOST CODE: 4N99JVCA
Build your own pumpkin patch with these fun images in the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE! Mix and match the different sized pumpkins, sentiments, leaves and branches, including a little face for jack-o-lanterns and a friendly crow! The unique PICK OF THE PATCH BUILDER PUNCH helps you quickly punch these images from cardstock or designer paper. We featured the PICK OF THE PATCH BUNDLE with the unexpected O HOLY NIGHT DESIGNER PAPER for some awesome night skies and jewel-tone effects! There are step-by-step instructions for THREE card designs (one a special fold) and a fall decor project! See more details here!
Check out these "jazzy" skeletons in the new BAG OF BONES BUNDLE! So many pieces to mix and max for personalized figures and scenes! Build a spooky scene with tombstones, bats, stars, and even a rickety picket fence using the BAG OF BONES DIES. This bundle is bone-a-fide fun with even a not-so-furry friend or two. Your Halloween crafts are sure to be eerie-sistible! We featured the BAG OF BONES BUNDLE with the THEM BONES DESIGNER PAPER for a spook-tacular collection! There are step-by-step instructions for TWO card designs and TWO treat holder projects! See more details here!
Fill your crate with delightful seasonal flowers and herbs to send good wishes to someone special with the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE! The fun RUSTIC CRATE DIES provide cute farmhouse crates, labels, hardware, and gardening gloves as accessories for your floral arrangements! Mix and match any of the sweet sentiments with any image for a personalized touch. We featured the RUSTIC CRATE BUNDLE with the ALL ABOUT AUTUMN DESIGNER PAPER! This tutorial has step-by-step instructions for four projects...three card designs (one a fun fold) and a special gift project! See more details here!