Archive for the ‘Create with Connie and Mary’ Category:
It’s Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Challenge. We have a beautiful color challenge for you to try this week!
So here is what I did with it! Even though feathers aren’t technically Christmas themed, I bet we see a lot of feathers in holiday decorating this year! I grabbed the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm Designer Paper to go along with my feathers.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Mossy Meadow cardstock.
- On the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, I added a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 strip of the snowflake pattern in All Is Calm DSP.
- I punched the Ribbon Border Punch strip from Mossy Meadow and tucked it slightly under the DSP so only one side of the scalloped edge showed.
- I stamped the feathers with Mossy Meadow, Lost Lagoon and embossed the large one with Silver Embossing Powder, cut them with the Feather Framelits and adhered them to the Whisper White with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used a piece of 1/8 Silver Ribbon and tied a bow and added it to the feathers with a Mini Glue Dot.
- Celebrate the Season is from Endless Wishes stamp set and stamped with Lost Lagoon.
- Finally, I added a little bling with some Frosted Silver Sequins.
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! Some beautiful cards! Then grab your stamps and play along!
WOOHOO! Over on Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 we are showing off the sets we used this past week with a BLOG HOP!!! Come take the tour and see what the designers have come up with. (Of course, you can only see the actual 3D projects if you are a subscriber!) You probably have just come from Deb Currier’s blog…love her card, don’t you? Before you take the tour, here is some information about our Holiday Collection 2014 session:
We are just finishing up Week 1 on our Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014! We are doing four weeks of holiday and winter projects for home decor and gift giving! It’s not too late to join and you won’t miss anything…you can refer back to the projects 24/7 for up to a year! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project ideas not shown ANYWHERE else! So, stop by Create with Connie and Mary and sign up!
I used Stampin’ Up!’s stamp set, Partridge & Pears, for my card this week since I used it on my fun project! I ended up doing a really COOL technique with it, too! It changed the color of the bird from Night of Navy to almost a Marina Mist color! I love that it has such a contrast! And, even though the base card is square, with the topper it still fits in a normal sized envelope.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2 Night of Navy folded in half to make the square base.
- On top is a 4 x 4 square of All Is Calm Designer Paper in the Smoky Slate medallion pattern.
- On a 3 x 3 1/2 piece of Night of Navy, I used Versamark and embossed the Partridge & Pears image with Silver Embossing Powder.
- To get the lighter color on the Partridge, I put a couple drops of White Craft Ink on a plastic sheet and added a couple drops of water. I used an AquaPainter to whitewash the partridge bird. I loved how it lightened it!
- The Night of Navy cardstock was layered on a 3 1/4 x 3 3/4 piece of Silver Glimmer Paper using Monoadhesive Liquid Glue.
- I added the top portion to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 1 x 4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the greeting with Night of Navy ink. I tied the Night of Navy Seam Binding around and tied a knot.
It is so shimmery and sparkly in real life!
OK…so now continue on around the Create with Connie and Mary Holiday Collection 2014 Design Team blogs to see their cards and what sets they used! Next up is Natasha Zandbergen!
Yeah! It’s time for another Thursday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary. This time it is a fun sketch challenge!
And here is my card using the fun set, Get Your Santa On! I decided to flip my sketch so it lined up with my stamped image better.
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Garden Green cardstock.
- A Real Red Circle was cut with the Circle Framelits and placed in the background.
- Across the top of the circle is a 1 1/2 x 5 1/4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper (I love that stripe!)
- I cut a 2 x 3 3/4 piece of Whisper White and stamped the Santa suit from Get Your Santa On with Memento Black Ink. I cut it with the Scallop Tag Topper Punch. The suit was colored with the Cherry Cobbler & Smoky Slate Blendabilities Markers.
- Across the top of the tag, I stamped JOY with Crushed Curry Ink.
- I tied a piece of Real Red Woven Ribbon thru the tag hole, then tied it with Basic Black Bakers twine in a bow. I added the tag to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped Get Your Santa On greeting with Tuxedo Black Ink on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White and cut a flag end. I added the Santa Hat, colored with Cherry Cobbler Blendabilities above the greeting with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Finally, a trio of Rhinestones was placed in the circle for a little extra bling.
CUTE if I must say so myself!!! That set is just darling!
We have JUST begin our Holiday Collections 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary and it’s not too late to join! Don’t miss out on joining us for some FABULOUS ideas using Christmas and Winter stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog! For only $29.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project tutorials with full directions and photos!
Today is the LAST DAY of our PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! Our Holiday Collection 2014 officially starts tomorrow, but our Early Bird Price ends today! Don’t miss out on joining us for some FABULOUS ideas using Christmas and Winter stamp sets in the Holiday Catalog! For only $24.95 US, you’ll get over 24 project tutorials with full directions and photos!
Today I get to share with you the last PREVIEW PROJECT and FREE TUTORIAL…plus the last BLOG CANDY...a free subscription to our Holiday Collection! If you’ve already joined and win, we’ll apply it to a future collection. Just leave a comment on my blog today so you can be entered to win!
So, here is my project…I was very happy with out it turned out! What do you think? Want to make one for yourself? Imagine giving this darling little gift to someone during the holiday filled with their favorite treats…or a trio of different sweets!
So…what to do?
- Leave a comment HERE on my blog so you are entered into the drawing to win a free subscription.
- Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to download this FREE TUTORIAL to make the Curvy Keepsake Box Trio yourself.
- Subscribe today while you can still save $5 and enjoy our latest Holiday Collection 2014!
Have you stamped today?
It’s Day 6 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We’re getting ready to launch the Holiday Collection 2014 starting Sunday. It’s full of fun 3D Christmas/Winter home decor and gifts with step-by-step tutorials, suitable for classes or stamp camps! We are showing free tutorials this week so you can see what we are all about! Today, we are introducing the last two Design Team members who have a card idea for you! Check it out over on Create with Connie and Mary…and find out where to sign up for BLOG CANDY…TWO free subscriptions to our Holiday Collection! Don’t delay…Early Bird Savings goes away on Saturday, too! Right now you’ll get over 24 tutorials for only $24.95! That’s $1 each!
Here’s a quick and easy Festival of Trees card to use for your Christmas Cards this year! It uses the Trim the Tree Designer Paper Stack. Many of the patterns in that stack could be used for this card and you can cut two layers per sheet! Nice and flat for mailing, too!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Garden Green, folded in half.
- Next layer is 4 x 5 1/4 Cherry Cobbler.
- On top of that is 3 x 4 1/4 of the Trim the Tree Designer Paper Stack.
- Next are a couple strips of coordinating patterns of DSP (1/2 x 4 and 1/4 x 4) to add across the front.
- The trees were stamped with Garden Green, then the trunk colored with the Chocolate Chip marker. They were added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Two stars were punched from Gold Glimmer Paper and placed on top of the trees.
- Finally, Merry & Bright from Christmas Bliss stamp set was stamped with Cherry Cobbler Ink on Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
OK…check out the introductions of the remaining two Design Team Members today over on Create with Connie and Mary…and find out where to get signed up for BLOG CANDY, too!
It’s THURSDAY and we have a fun color combination for you to try for this week’s Create with Connie and Mary Challenge!
I used the Nordic Noel Designer Paper because it has these colors in it…made the card come together pretty quickly!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Baked Brown Sugar folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Garden Green.
- On top of it is a 4 x 4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper. I hid the seam with the 1″ Cherry Cobbler Linen Thread that adheres around in the back of the Garden Green.
- To make stamping the large focal element easier, I used a large block and lined up the two houses from Holiday Home with the strand of lights between them and stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on Whisper White.
- I used Stampin’ Write Markers and AquaPainter to color the houses and lights.
- I stamped the evergreen 3 times with Garden Green and Chocolate Chip trunk, cut them out, then adhered to the front. The two evergreens I cut and used just the tops to make shrubs.
- I stamped the Wreath with Garden Green, then hand-drew the bow with Real Red Marker.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Real Red ink!
Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did with the Color Challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary. Then grab your stamps and play along!
We’re getting ready to start a NEW Holiday Collection 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary that is full of gift ideas, home decor and 3D project tutorials perfect for your stamp camps and classes! We’re using Christmas and Winter products from Stampin’ Up!’s Holiday Catalog. Don’t miss out on Early Bird Pricing…save $5 off the regular $29.95 price! Get over 24 projects for only $24.95 US! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It’s Day 4 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We’re getting ready to launch the Holiday Collection 2014 starting Sunday. It’s full of fun 3D Christmas/Winter home decor and gifts with step-by-step tutorials , suitable for classes or stamp camps! We are showing free tutorials this week so you can see what we are all about! Today, Deb Currier has a wonderful set of cards and a holder featuring Wondrous Wreath and the matching framelits. Check it out over on Create with Connie and Mary…get the FREE TUTORIAL…and find out where to sign up for BLOG CANDY…a free subscription to our Holiday Collection! Don’t delay…Early Bird Savings goes away on Saturday, too! Right now you’ll get over 24 tutorials for only $24.95! That’s $1 each!
I created this Ornamental Pine card for another swap that I participated in for WOW Holiday Cards! I definitely think this qualifies, don’t you?
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Island Indigo cardstock, folded in half.
- A 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White is adhered on top.
- Another Whisper White layer is cut 3 1/2 x 4 3/4 and sponged in the upper right corner with Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay and Island Indigo Inks.
- The pine branch from Ornamental Pines is inked with Mossy Meadow Ink and an Early Espresso Marker and stamped in the corner.
- On top of that, Gorgeous Grunge is inked with White Craft Ink and randomly stamped for snow flurries.
- The pinecone is stamped with Chocolate Chip Ink on Soft Suede and cut out, and the White Gel Pen highlights the snow on it.
- The two left corners are rounded with the Corner Punch and a loop of Bermuda Bay Striped Ribbon is folded and adhered behind the Whisper White. This panel is offset to the right edge and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Finally, the Ornamental Pines greeting was stamped with Island Indigo Ink, and Frosted Silver Sequins were added next to the greeting.
What do you think? I adore this card! OK…make sure to check out Day 4 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary!
This is my second post for today…scroll down to see my SUO Challenge card!
It’s DAY 3 of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary and we’re counting down the days until we start the new Holiday Collection 2014! Preview Week is a chance for you to see what we are all about with our free tutorials! We are announcing two of our Design Team Members today…both of them long-time designers and we love their work! Head over and see who they are, see their cards, AND get TWO chances for BLOG CANDY…we’re giving away FREE SUBSCRIPTIONS!
Last week, I told you I had used White Christmas for only the second time. Here is the card I used it on the first time! It was for my Control Freaks Holiday/Winter swap that I made last month. I just got the swaps back last week and they were fabulous! Here was my contribution:
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 8 1/2, folded in half to make the square card.
- The Whisper White layer is cut to 4 x 4 and along the bottom, I added a 1 1/2 x 4 Nordic Noel Designer Paper.
- I used the Real Red Satin Woven Ribbon and wrapped it to the back to adhere and hide the seam.
- In the upper left corner, I stamped Merry Christmas with Real Red Ink.
- The snowflake DSP was punched with the 2 1/2″ Circle Punch, then I added a Soft Sky Snowflake from the Snowflake Card Thinlet Die to the center.
- I stamped the Snowman from White Christmas with Black Stazon on Whisper White and used Real Red, Soft Sky, Pumpkin Pie and Garden Green Markers to color it. Then I punched it with the 1″ Circle Punch and added it to the snowflake with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- On my prototype, I added four Rhinestone Jewels on the snowflake!
OK…now run over to Create with Connie and Mary to see the two members of our Design Team…and while you are there…don’t forget to sign up! Early Bird Pricing ends on Saturday!
Have you stamped today?
It’s Day 2 of Create with Connie and Mary’s PREVIEW WEEK to kick off the start of the Holiday Collection next week! Today, Mary has a SUPER FUN project for you to check out…and guess what? The tutorial is FREE…just so you can see what our subscription service is all about! When you sign up, you’ll see a new project with photo tutorial posted EVERY DAY for FOUR weeks, except on Saturdays when we do our Blog Tour! So…that is over 24 projects for our Early Bird Price of only $24.95. But, don’t wait! That $5 savings goes away on Saturday and the price will be $29.95. Mary also has BLOG CANDY today…so check out Create with Connie and Mary to see where to go to leave a comment and a chance to win a FREE subscription to our Holiday Collection! And, if you’ve already signed up, we’ll apply it to our next session in the Spring!
So…in celebration of Mary’s project, I used Cheerful Tags on my card today! I’m sorry that you can’t enjoy the details as much as it looks in person! It is nice a shimmery and the tag has a lot of depth!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Bermuda Bay, folded in half.
- On the bottom of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Soft Sky, the snowflake is stamped randomly with Soft Sky Ink.
- A 1/2 x 4 strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper was sitting on my desk and JUMPED right on my card to separate the stamped area. lol!
- I added a 3/4 x 5 piece of Brights (Bermuda Bay) Designer Paper on the right side.
- The tag in Cheerful Tags was stamped with Soft Sky ink and then another snowflake stamped on top of that with Soft Sky ink. The greeting from Cheerful Tags was stamped with Mossy Meadow on top of the snowflake and the row of trees along the bottom of the tag. Then it was punched with the Note Tag Punch and placed on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used White Bakers Twine to add the All is Calm Snowflake Embellishment, securing the ends in the back and the snowflake has a little mini glue dot under it to hold it in place on the tag. What a fun accent!
- I colored the Rhinestone with Coastal Cabana Blendabilities and added it to the center of the snowflake!
See…I told you this card had more to it than meets the eye! Now…don’t forget to stop by Create with Connie and Mary and see Mary’s FREE TUTORIAL and find out how to get BLOG CANDY today!
Today is DAY ONE of PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! We will be starting our Holiday Collection 2014 next week and can’t wait to get started! Our design team is busy getting their projects done. Today we are introducing our Guest Designers! So happy to have these talented ladies on board! Make sure you go over to Create with Connie and Mary and see who they are! And…while you are there, don’t forget to get signed up during our Early Bird Special, it ends on Saturday! Save $5 off the regular $29.95 price and get over 24 project tutorials…at $24.95 that’s $1 each! What a deal!
I just ordered this single stamp, Bearing Gifts, and decided to ink it up right away in celebration of Introduction Day! I love playing with my Blendabilities…and this was fun to color! I also LOVE that stripe in the Nordic Noel Designer Paper!
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Whisper White, folded in half.
- I embossed half of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Real Red with the Lucky Stars Folder.
- I added a 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 piece of Nordic Noel Designer Paper along the right side. To hide the seam, I used a 1/2 x 5 1/4 strip of Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper! So sparkly!
- I cut the Party Pennant from Whisper White and stamped the Bearing Gifts image with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on it. I used my Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana and Crumb Cake Blendabilities Markers to color in the kids. I also outlined the bear lightly with a Soft Sky Stampin’ Write Marker for some dimension. I added the pennant to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I saved the greeting for the inside, so used Merry & Bright from the hostess set, Good Greetings that is available now. It was stamped with Real Red ink on scrap Whisper White and cut with a flag end.
You like? I like! Now, don’t forget to check out our Guest Designers over on Create with Connie and Mary! A couple new faces this time!