Archive for the ‘Create with Connie and Mary’ Category:
As many of you know, the Typepad platform…what we use for Create with Connie and Mary, has been battling nasty hacker issues for the past few days! Since we were uncertain whether or not the blog would be functional, we decided to set up a Create with Connie and Mary Blog Tour this week for our Design Team! We will still have the challenge, too, on our Create blog…you'll just need to go on the Blog Tour to see the inspiration this week, but upload your cards to Create with Connie and Mary blog as usual! Enjoy!
You've probably just come from designer Margaret Raburn's blog…isn't that a fun card for this challenge, very masculine! We had a FUN color challenge this week! Although the colors didn't immediately say "flowers" to me, I went with that theme anyway!
And here is my card using Mixed Bunch…a set that I haven't pulled out in quite a while! I made this for my mom and dad's anniversary (then forgot to give it to them at Easter!…grrr….)
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Calypso Coral cardstock, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5 1/4 Whisper White is embossed with the Flower Garden folder (on the Retiring list!). I sponged the centers with Calypso Coral ink.
- I took some Calypso Coral Chevron Ribbon across the front and adhered the ends to the back.
- Across the center of the Ribbon, I added a 1/2" x 4" strip of Crumb Cake, stamped with Basic Gray ink with the Hostess Only set, Express Yourself, greeting.
- I stamped the flower from Mixed Bunch with Basic Gray Ink on Calypso Coral, then punched with the Blossom Punch and added it to the front of the card.
- In the flower center, I punched the 7/8 Scallop Circle Punch from Crumb Cake cardstock and added it with a Large Pearl (also retiring!)
I was pretty unsure of the colors, but really like how this turned out! So, next stop is my creative partner, Mary Brown at StamperCamper's Corner! I know you'll love her delightful card this week! Follow the links to continue around the blog tour to all the designers!
This little origami favor has been around the block a few times, but I thought I'd update it for my Create with Connie and Mary Card Create-tions Week 3 favor using Stampin' Up!'s So Very Grateful stamp set! It was my featured set this week and we share the coordinating favor with everyone on Saturdays as a bonus! We've come to the end of this session of Card Create-tions…however, it is still not too late to join! This website will remain available until next March to access all the great card ideas! MANY of the sets we used will be in the upcoming catalog…and the ones that are going away? Well, here is your last chance to use them in your Retirement Workshops over the next month! It's a WIN-WIN!
But, in case you've never made one of these pocket favors, I've included a little mini tutorial for you to download here as a BONUS!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Card Create-tions Design Team favors over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…thanks for joining us!
We have a fun sketch challenge for you to try over on Create with Connie and Mary! My mind went several different ways when I saw the sketch. I ended up deciding to use Stampin' Up!'s Eggstra Spectacular one more time before Easter! I think it turned out kind of fun! But, I really LOVE what the rest of the Challenge Team did! Make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary this week!
And here is my card! Aren't the bright Easter Eggs fun? I can hardly wait for our grandson, Carter, to enjoy his first Easter Egg "hunt".
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Strawberry Slush cardstock, folded in half.
- I embossed the top 2/3 of the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- Along the bottom, I added a 1 x 5 1/4 piece of Kaleidoscope Designer Paper, then a small strip of Basic Black cardstock to hide the seam.
- I stamped the egg from Eggstra Spectacular three times with Black Stazon on Crushed Curry, Strawberry Slush and Bermuda Bay cardstock, then punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch. They are popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Since the eggs had the "greeting", I stamped the row of Easter eggs with Black Stazon on Whisper White and colored with Markers. I cut a flag end and placed the strip across the eggs.
- Finally, I added a small Petite Petals flower of Crushed Curry with an Itty Bitty Flower Punch of Strawberry Slush to the end, with a Rhinestone in the center.
Kind of fun and unusual Easter card, don't you think? I had fun with it!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the almost at the end of our session, BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
It's Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary favor! Each week during our Card Create-tions 2014 session, we are showing a coordinating favor that goes along with the stamp set we used that week. My stamp set for Week 2 was Crazy Mixed Up Love. I can't believe that this was the first time that I inked that set up. It really is a cute, unusual set with the whimsical greetings in it! Remember, only our Card Create-tions subscribers can see our card sets, but everyone sees the coordinating favor we did! See…you'll already have a class or stamp camp all figured out! Just follow the step-by-step tutorial that we provide to complete your cards!
Here are the details on how to make this favor:
- The Crushed Curry cardstock insert is 3 3/4 x 7 3/4, scored at 5.
- On top I added a 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 piece of I Am Me Designer Paper in the checked pattern.
- On each of the clothespins, I measured the size and added the I Am Me DSP to cover the front and back of the clothespins. Then I cllipped each of them to the cardstock insert.
- I slipped the insert down into a 4×6 cello bag and folded the top down.
- I cut a Basic Gray Starburst Framelit and scored it in half, then folded it across the top of the cello bag, adhering in on front and back with a couple mini glue dots.
- On top of that, I cut a Circle Framelit from the Designer Paper, scored in half, and layered on the Basic Gray Starburst.
- The lightbulb from Crazy Mixed Up Love I inked up with Crushed Curry, then used a Basic Gray Marker on the bottom of the bulb. It was cut with a Circle Framelit. At the bottom, I added a Rhinestone Jewel.
- I cut a smaller Crushed Curry Starburst Framelit and layered the lightbulb image on top, then added it to the top of the cello bag with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I stamped the greeting with Black Stazon on a narrow strip of Whisper White, cut a flag end, and tucked it under the circle on front.
I think it is a cute little "just because" favor! I'm always looking for chip clips and this would be perfect! Make sure to check out the rest of the Card Create-tions 2014 Design Team to see what they did for their favor this week! And, it's not too late to join! For only $19.95 US, you get over 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas using 18 different sets! Get more details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
It's Thursday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary challenge! We have a wonderful SPRING color combination for you to try. LOVE the colors in this. BUT…I resisted using flowers on my card! lol!
I did try something new with the Fringe Scissors…or at least I hadn't seen it done before! Can you guess how I did the multi-colored fringe along the bottom?
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White, folded to make base card.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight (don't emboss at this point).
- Next cut two 1 1/4 x 5 1/4 strips of Tangeine Tango and Gumball Green and used the Fringe Scissors on them part way. I adhered them both together. Then I took and trimmed off two Gumball Green fringes, left two, trimmed two…all the way across so that the Tangerine Tango underneath showed thru. I adhered them to the bottom of the Daffodil Delight.
- I cut a 2 x 5 1/4 Watercolor Wonder Designer Paper and covered the top edge of the Fringe.
- I embossed the top portion of Daffodil Delight and the DSP with the Perfect Polka Dots folder.
- I cut two narrow 1/4 strips of Gumball Green and Tangerine Tango and placed across the DSP seam at the top.
- Make a Wish from Perfect Pennants was inked up with Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green Markers and stamped on 2 x 3 1/2 Whisper White. I used the Angled Tag Topper Punch at the bottom.
- I tied on some Daffodil Delight Chevron Ribbon thru the tag and adhered to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
Isn't this a nice CHEERFUL card? I love how it turned out…and that multi-colored fringe gives it a total different look! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary to see their fabulous cards for the color challenge!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! We are in the middle of Week 2. BUT, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the EXCLUSIVE card ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the weekly favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas from 18 different stap!
Click on the item photos below to order from my ONLINE STORE!
Each week during Card "Create"tions 2014 over on Create with Connie and Mary, we'll be showing little favors that match the card set we did for the week! I used Stampin' Up!'s Hello Sailor this week and came up with this for my favor! I was kind of going for a "sailboat" look…without the sails! lol! But I think it turned out pretty cute!
Here's what I did:
- The base is the Petite Purse cut out of Pacific Point cardstock, and turned upside down. (I added a score line 1" from the existing one on the lid and adhered the lid inside, then turned upside down and cut the bottom in half, those make the flaps on the side.)
- I added 1/2" strips of High Tide Designer Paper in the blue stripe pattern on the flaps and adhered them to the sides.
- I stamped Hello Sailor with Smoky Slate on Summer Starfruit, then cut a flag end.
- I stamped the Anchor with Smoky Slate on Whisper White and punched with the 3/4" Circle and layered on a 1" Circle of Smoky Slate cardstock. That is popped up on the front with a Stampin' Dimensional. I also added a Candy Dot to it.
- I stamped Best Mate with Pacific Point ink on the Chalk Talk Framelit tag of Whisper White.
- Inside the bag are lifesavors and I tied the bag closed with the 1 1/4 Striped Grosgrain Ribbon.
Super cute little favor, don't you think? Make sure to check out what the rest of the Card "Create"tions 2014 Design Team did for their favor this week over on Create with Connie and Mary!
It's not too late to join Card "Create"tions 2014! You can see what we did this week, plus be one of the first to see what we are doing the next two weeks! AND, our website stays up for almost a year so you can refer back to the ideas! Each card set could be a FULL class…and the favor as a bonus! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary! For $19.95 US, you are getting 72 EXCLUSIVE card ideas!
It's time for another Thursday Challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! It's a fun sketch this week!
I pulled out Timeless Talk…one that I haven't used in a long time! I paired it with the I Am Me Designer Paper.
Here are the details:
- The base is 4 1/4 x 11 Smoky Slate, folded in half.
- I embossed the 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Real Red with the Arrows Embossing Folder.
- I cut three 3/4" x 4 1/4 strips of the striped paper in I Am Me DSP and layered them across the front.
- The phone was stamped with Black Stazon on Whisper White and cut with the Circle Framelit, then added to a Starburst Framelit of Daffodil Delight. I added an Itty Bitty flower of Real Red, then a Candy Dot base and Daffodil Delight Candy Dot to the center. It's popped up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- I tucked the small Starburst of Pool Party under the larger one, then added a Metal button tied with Twine leftover from the Happenings Simply Created Kit.
- The Hello There greeting was stamped with Black Stazon in the Word Bubble, then cut out by hand.
I thought some of the Just Sayin' greetings would be cute, too, but didn't want to add a THIRD set of framelits to my card! lol!
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they have done with this FUN sketch! Then grab your supplies and play along!
We've just started our Card "Create"tions 2014 which is NOTHING BUT CARDS!!! You can still join! Our website will be available to refer back to up to a year later! More details over on Create with Connie and Mary!
WOOHOO! It's finally my turn to do a CARD SET for our PREVIEW WEEK over on Create with Connie and Mary! It is the LAST DAY of PREVIEW…we start Card Create-tions 2014 TOMORROW. I chose Backyard Basics for my set today…mainly because it has matching framelits! Makes it SO easy to cut them out! Like Mary, I used only one Designer Paper on my set…Watercolor Wonder. I was amazed at how nice the stamp set and DSP went together! I also used the versatile stamp set, Express Yourself, that is a hostess only set in the main catalog. I love all the greetings in it!
Want to see close-ups of the cards? Go download the FREE TUTORIAL over on Create with Connie and Mary! And, don't forget to leave a comment HERE on my blog today…someone will win BLOG CANDY…a FREE SUBSCRIPTION to our Card Create-tions 2014 Edition! Already signed up? We'll apply it to our next Cards Edition.
* Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards featuring 18 stamp sets!
* Edition runs March 30 – April 19
* Printable supply lists, directions & measurements
* 24/7 access
* Perfect for classes or personal cards!
* Designers Melissa Davies, Debbie Henderson, Deb Currier and Nicole Tugrul are joining us!
Create with Connie and Mary
Card “Create”tions Edition
Only $19.95 US
Sign up TODAY so you don't miss a thing!
Yes! Our very first DESIGN TEAM BLOG HOP over at Create with Connie and Mary to celebrate PREVIEW WEEK! We're getting ready to start our CARDS ONLY Edition, Card Create-tions 2014, featuring stamp sets and products from the main and Occasions catalogs! You've probably just come from designer, Deb Currier's blog…love her classy style!
Here's my card using So Very Grateful, one of the sets I'm featuring during this session of Card Create-tions 2014! I love how easy this image is to watercolor! And, it looks so great combined with Gingham Garden Designer Paper. I used three different patterns on here…a great way to use up those leftover narrow strips!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5 1/2 x 8 1/2 Whisper White folded in half to make the base card.
- I added a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Daffodil Delight across the front.
- On the 3 7/8 x 5 1/8 layer of checked Gingham Garden DSP, I added a 3/4 x 5 1/8" strip of the yellow stripe pattern, then added a 1/2 x 5 1/8" strip of the pink pattern and added them to the front.
- I stamped the floral image from So Very Grateful with Black Stazon on Whisper White, then cut with the Oval Framelit. I watercolored with Daffodil Delight, Pear Pizzazz, Strawberry Slush and Island Indigo Stampin' Write Markers. I popped it up on the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- In the center of the flowers, I added small pearls.
- Next I stamped the greeting with Island Indigo on Whisper White and hand-cut it out. I also placed it with Stampin' Dimensionals.
- Finally, I thought it needed a little extra bling. I used some Candy Dots on the DSP strip above the greeting!
So…go on to our next stop, Mary Brown's blog! You are going to love her card, I'm sure! Enjoy the Design Team's Blog Hop!
Oh what a FUN color challenge today over on Create with Connie and Mary! I thought it was perfect for the High Tide Designer Paper package, so I grabbed it to use on my card.
Here's my card using Hello Sailor stamp set. I bought this set mainly for the greeting "You're My Best Mate!" Love it…perfect for my husband as he has had many boats over the years!
Here are the details:
- I used a 4 1/4 x 11 base of Summer Starfruit, folded in half.
- I cut a 4 x 5 1/4 layer of Whisper White, and used the Deco Label Framelit to cut out the shape. Then I used Pacific Point Ink to place the greeting on the base Summer Starfruit cardstock.
- Along the bottom, I cut a 2 1/2 x 4 piece of High Tide Designer Paper and adhered it to the bottom. Along the seam, I added a 1/2 x 4 piece of Pacific Point Cardstock.
- I used White Bakers Twine and wrapped it around several times to resemble nautical rope!
- I stamped the Wheel from Hello Sailor with Pacific Point on Whisper White and used the Circle Framelits to cut it out, then layered it on another circle of Pacific Point. In the center I placed an Vintage Button Brad.
- I punched out some Banner punches from the High Tide Designer Paper and lined them up along the White Baker's Twine.
I'm happy with how it turned out! Make sure to check out what the rest of the Challenge Team did this week with the color challenge over on Create with Connie and Mary! And…check out our PREVIEW WEEK for the new Card Create-tions 2014 Edition that starts next Sunday! It's all about cards! Over 72 EXCLUSIVE cards using 18 stamp sets from the main and Occasions catalogs! Don't miss out…sign up today!