Archive for the ‘Create with Connie and Mary’ Category:
Hi everyone! Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a fun sketch this week, so we hope you’ll play along!
I took a little liberty with the shapes, as you are welcome to do. I am on a mission to use my Designer Paper packages before they all retire at the end of May, so I grabbed Farmer’s Market! lol!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Cherry Cobbler folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Very Vanilla.
- The Lots of Labels Framelit cut the Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot pattern from Farmer’s Market DSP and was adhered on front.
- The flowers from Birthday Blossoms stamp set were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on the Hello Honey print in Farmer’s Market, punched with the Pansy Punch and colored with the Gold Wink of Stella Brush.
- The centers were stamped again on the Cherry Cobbler Polka Dot Print and handcut, then added to the center of the flowers with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were placed on front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The leaves were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Mossy Meadow (sob! It’s leaving soon!) and hand cut out, then tucked under the flowers.
- Celebrate You from Birthday Blossoms stamp set was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- I used the Gold Wink of Stella and my fingernail to flick some gold spots in the background.
I love how shimmery the Gold Wink of Stella makes this card! OK…make sure you check out the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team to see what they did with the sketch! Some fun cards over there!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White cardstock, folded in half.
- The 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Mossy Meadow is embossed with the Woodgrain folder.
- Across the front is 2 x 5-1/4 strip of Tip Top Taupe striped pattern from the In Colors DSP Pack.
- A 2 x 4-1/2 piece of Whisper White was punched with the Ornate Tag Topper punch. It is stamped with the trees from In The Meadow stamp set with Mossy Meadow Ink and colored with Mossy Meadow and Crumb Cake Markers.
- More grass was added along the bottom with Mossy Meadow Ink.
- The tag was tied with 1-1/4 White Jute Ribbon, cut to about 1/2″ width. It was tied with Linen Thread in a bow, then the Jute was shredded. The tag was added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The greeting from In the Meadow was stamped with Mossy Meadow Ink on a 3/4″ strip of Tip Top Taupe cardstock, cut a flag end and tucked under the tag.
OK….next up on the blog hop is the Create with Connie and Mary website where you can find out more about our APRIL MINI SESSION! We just opened on April 11th…it’s not too late to join! Get 5 awesome projects for only $8.95 US! Then continue on to Mary Brown’s blog to see her lovely design using Mossy Meadow!
We are winding down the last weeks of the Occasions Catalog, so I’ve been trying to use some of the sets that haven’t seen a lot of love! In the Meadow is one of those sets. I’ve used it a couple times lately and picked it up again for today’s card. I hadn’t used the little grassy flower image yet, so the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary seemed perfect for it!
Here’s my card. Things kind of evolved with this one…it started off in a completely different direction! Funny how that works. I took off the Soft Suede cardstock on the front…it was just too bold for the soft look I was trying to achieve. I did add a little back in with the butterflies and the Candy Dots.
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White folded in haalf.
- A strip of In Color Washi Tape was added to the left side of the card.
- On top is a 4 x 5 layer of Lost Lagoon cardstock (color retiring SOON! Get it before it is gone!) with the greeting from Watercolor Words stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the lower right corner.
- On the 2-1/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White, the grass/flower image was stamped four times with Mint Macaron Ink across. It is colored with the Lost Lagoon Marker. The butterflies image was stamped with Soft Suede Ink.
- Linen Thread was wrapped around several times to hide the “seam”.
- Along the top is a 1/4″ x 5 strip of Mint Macaron cardstock.
- Three Neutrals Soft Suede Candy dots were placed under the Linen Thread.
Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary, grab your stamps and play along with our color challenge this week!
And…while you are there…we just opened our APRIL Mini Session…it’s not too late to join us! You’ll get 5 awesome projects for only $8.95 US! Sign up today at Create with Connie and Mary!
Oh, it’s a FUN sketch challenge this week over on Create with Connie and Mary! I ended up making a couple cards with this sketch…will show you the other next week!
Here’s my first one using Bear Hugs:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Mint Macaron cardstock, folded in half.
- On top is a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The checked pattern from It’s My Party is cut 3 x 3-1/4 and the corners rounded with the Project Life Corner Rounder and adhered to the front.
- A 1-3/4 x 4-3/4 strip of coordinating It’s My Party was flag cut on both ends and adhered over the other DSP.
- A 1/4 x 5 strip of Mint Macaron was added down the front of the DSP towards the left side as per the sketch.
- A 2-1/4 x 2-1/4 square of Sahara Sand also had the corners rounded. It is popped up on the front of the DSP towards the left side.
- Across the front the greeting was stamped on 1/4 x 2-1/4 strip of Whisper White and adhered at the bottom of the Sahara Sand piece.
- The bear from Bear Hugs was inked with the Basic Black Marker, then stamped on Whisper White and cut with the Bear Hugs Framelits. It is added to the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A few gold Neutrals Sequins were added to the front for a little bling.
That’s it! I love that little bear…need to use that set more before it retires with the Occasions Catalog (or maybe it won’t and it will be in the new catalog…I’ll find out for sure next week at On Stage! Woohoo!)
OK…check out what the rest of the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge Team did this week over on Create with Connie and Mary…and say hello to a new Team Member!
And the sets we are using:
It’s Saturday and time for another Create with Connie and Mary Design Team Blog Hop! This month we’ll be featuring the retiring In Colors…I love all of them, don’t you? SOOOO sad to see them go! Make sure you stock up now! First in the lineup is Lost Lagoon! My mind immediately thought of the Helping Me Grow stamp set and the pretty flowers in it…I’m thinking these are bluebonnets? Some day I’d like to be in Texas when the fields of these are blooming!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Lost Lagoon, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, the flowers and 25 cent images were stamped towards the left side with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. They were watercolored with Lost Lagoon and Mossy Meadow Stampin’ Write Markers and an AquaPainter.
- A strip of In Color Washi Tape was added to the right side.
- The label and greeting were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Lost Lagoon cardstock and cut with the Rose Wonder Label Framelit, then popped up on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- A 3″ strip of Silver 1/8″ Ribbon was folded in half and tucked under the label. A trio of Rhinestones were also added to the bottom of the label.
OK…now continue on the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Design Team Blog Hop to find out more details about our April Mini Session with 5 great projects for only $8.95…then on to Mary Brown’s Blog to see her card and continue the tour or go backwards to Melissa’s blog.
First…thank you for all the good wishes for my son’s surgery. All went well and he was home in a few hours. Now for the long road of recovery. He is normally SO active, that this will probably be just as hard as the surgery itself. He has to go 4-5 weeks of non-load bearing weight on that leg, using crutches or a knee scooter until it heals. Yikes!
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Pool Party, folded in half.
- On a scrap piece of Whisper White cardstock, the mountain ridge from In the Meadow was stamped towards the bottom. It was also stamped on a scrap post it note and cut out for a mask.
- The mask was placed over the Whisper White ridge and then sponged with Wild Wasabi along the bottom and Pool Party along the top. Crumb Cake Stampin’ Write Marker was added to the Mountains. Some “birds” were drawn with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker. The cardstock was trimmed to 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 and adhered to a 3-3/4 x 5 piece of Whisper White cardstock towards the left side.
- Old Olive Baker’s Twine was wrapped around and a Gold Metallic button added to the twine, the ends were adhered in the back and the button held with Mini Glue Dots.
- The layer was added to a 3-7/8 x 5-1/8 layer of Basic Black cardstock and then added to the base card.
- The Adventure Begins from You’re So Lovely was stamped with Basic Black Archival Ink along the bottom right side.
OK…I was very happy with how this turned out! OK…up next is our Create with Connie and Mary website to tell you more about our just opened March Mini Session, then continue around to Mary’s blog…or go backward to Melissa’s blog!
Hello all! Happy St. Patrick’s Day! First…can I get you to say a little prayer for my son…he’s having surgery today due to a sports injury…and will be laid up for about 4-5 weeks! With a 17 month old and a new baby on the way, things will be crazy, I’m sure! I’ll be helping out as much as I can.
But, it’s time for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge! It’s a pretty color combination and, of course, perfect for flowers, so that’s the direction I went! Some really awesome cards this week from our Challenge Team, so make sure to check them out over on Create with Connie and Mary!
Here’s my card. I don’t know why, but I feel like my Watermelon Wonder Ink is more red than dark pink! Oh well!
Here are the details:
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 Thick Whisper White, folded in half.
- On the 3-3/4 x 5 layer of Whisper White, I started by stamping the flourish in Timeless Textures twice with Soft Suede Ink. Then I added leaves from What I Love (a FREE SAB set) with Mossy Meadow Ink, and some splatters in Timeless Textures with Watermelon Wonder Ink. This layer is added to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The full inside image of the flower is stamped twice with Watermelon Wonder Ink on scrap Whisper White, then Soft Suede added with the outline image, they were hand-cut out and placed over the background images with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Several small pearls were added in a cluster for each flower.
- Thank You from What I Love was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink close to the images.
That’s it! A CAS design! I love it!
It’s not too late to join us! We just opened the March 2016 MINI SESSION and it is only $8.95 US with a projects using stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog!
* Each session includes FIVE step-by-step tutorials for projects…THREE card sets, each with 4 cards and TWO 3D items…perfect for your club or stamp camp!
Sign up for both March and April and we have a FUN Bonus project for you designed by Mary Brown! Head over to Create with Connie and Mary to sign up now!
I decided to use the Friends & Flowers Stamp set to make a cute little bunny for the front of my favor!
- The Blushing Bride base is 2 x 11, scored at 1/2, 5-1/2 and 5-7/8″
- On top is a 1-7/8 x 5-3/8″ piece of Birthday Bouquet Designer Paper.
- The face and ears from Friends & Flowers were stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black on Whisper White and punched with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch and Festive Flower Builder Punch. The body was punched with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch and the tail with the Blossom Bunch Punch from Whisper White cardstock.
- The ears and checks were colored with the Blushing Bride Marker.
- Happy Easter from Circle of Spring stamp set was stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink in the center.
- A bow was tied with the Mint Macaron/Black Baker’s Twine and added to the ear with a Mini Glue Dot.
- The bunny was added to the front of a Lots of Label Framelit cut from Birthday Bouquet DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then added to the front of the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- To hold the favor closed, the medium flower from Blossom Bunch Punch was punched from Blushing Bride and the small flower from Mint Macaron cardstock, adhered together with Mini Glue Dots and added to the Mini Clothespin with Mini Glue Dots.
Here’s the inside. I found some of these chocolate crisp bunnies at the Dollar Tree Store…3 for $1 and they fit perfectly inside! I used a couple Mini Glue Dots to hold in place!
OK…isn’t that just the CUTEST??? Love it! Now continue onto to the Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about our March and April Mini Sessions…we just opened March yesterday! Don’t miss out on all these GREAT ideas for only $8.95 per month! Here’s a sneak peek for March! After that, you’ll continue to Mary Brown’s blog, or back to Melissa Davies’ blog!
- The base is 5-1/2 x 8-1/2 So Saffron folded in half.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Wildflower Fields designer paper (SAB) is adhered to the bottom of a 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White.
- The peeps heads and ears from Friends & Flowers were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Pink Pirouette, Pool Party and So Saffron, then punched with the 1-3/8″ Circle Punch and Festive Flower Punch. The bodies were punched with the 1-3/4″ Circle punch. They were adhered on the front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The ears and checks were highlighted with the Clear Wink of Stella brush.
- PEEPS was spelled out with the Layered Letters Alphabet Set in Pink Pirouette, Pool Party and So Saffron Inks, then Happy Easter from the Easter Lamb was stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on a 2″ wide piece of Whisper White, then punched with the Triple Banner Punch. It is adhered on the front under the heads with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
OK…continue around to our Create with Connie and Mary website to find out more about the NEW March Mini Session and SPRING BONUS, then on to Mary’s blog for her Easter Card or backwards to see Melissa’s blog!
It’s Thursday and time for the Create with Connie and Mary challenge…it’s a color challenge this week!
Here’s my card using these colors:
- The base is 4-1/4 x 11 Hello Honey, folded in half.
- On the 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Whisper White, a 4 x 4-3/4 piece of Botanical Gardens Designer Paper is cut on the diagonal and adhered to the top.
- A coordinating black print from the same DSP package is cut 1-1/4 x 4 and placed across the front.
- Whisper White is punched with the 2-1/2 Circle Punch and added to the front.
- Large Number Framelits cut the number 50 from Basic Black.
- The Grateful Bunch flowers were stamped with Tuxedo Black Ink on Hello Honey cardstock and punched with the Blossom Bunch Punch and added with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Cajun Craze Candy Dots were placed in the center of the flowers.
- A 2 x 2 piece of Hello Honey was punched with the Triple Banner Punch and stamped with the greeting from Grateful Bunch in Tuxedo Black.
That’s it! Make sure to check out the rest of the Challenge Team over on Create with Connie and Mary and see what they did with this color challenge!
It’s almost time! We are getting ready for our Create with Connie and Mary March Mini Session! Get 5 great project and card set ideas for only $8.95 US. OR…sign up for March & April Mini Sessions for $17.90 US and get a FREE Bonus Spring 3D Project using Going Global stamp set and Going Places Designer Paper! Check out Create with Connie and Mary for more details!