Ok, had to take a little break from making these Delicate Baubles characters, but I’m back with several new ideas! My girlfriend, Annette, got me thinking in a new direction! Here’s my SCARECROW!
- The base is 4-1/4 x Crumb Cake cardstock, scored at 5-1/2 and folded.
- A 4 x 5-1/4 layer of Misty Moonlight cardstock was added on top.
- A 1-1/2 x 5-1/4 piece of Harvest Meadow Designer Paper was added to the right side.
- Then a 1 x 4 piece of Cinnamon Cider cardstock was stamped with the leaf from Banner Year randomly with Cinnamon Cider Ink.
- The solid arabesque shape from Delicate Baubles Dies was cut from Crumb Cake, Bumblebee, Misty Moonlight and Cinnamon Cider cardstocks.
- The Crumb Cake bauble was embossed with the Tasteful Textile Embossing Folder.
- The Bumblebee bauble was cut for the straw hair and neckline.
- The hat was cut into two pieces from Cinnamon Cider cardstock, using Stampin’ Dimensional strips for the brim of the hat and sponging Cinnamon Cider Ink around the edges for definition.
- The eyes are the small buttons from the All Dressed Up Dies from Basic Black cardstock.
- The nose is the tip of the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch from Pumpkin Pie cardstock.
- The checks are 3/8″ Circles from Flirty Flamingo.
- The eyebrows, nose stitches and mouth stitches were hand drawn with the Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker.
- A patch was hand-cut from Misty Moonlight cardstock, and stitches drawn around it on the hat.
- The shirt is the Misty Moonlight bauble cut along the bottom.
- The bowtie is the bow from the Delicate Baubles Dies, trimmed.
- The crow is the bird from the Beautiful Trees Dies from Basic Black and a small triangle cut from Pumpkin Pie for his beak. His nest is some Bumblebee cardstock cut in strips. He was added to the hat.
- A Brushed Metallic Dot was added to the center of the bowtie.
- The scarecrow bauble was added to the front of the base card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Happy Fall Y’All from Banner Year was stamped with Misty Moonlight Ink on a rectangle of Bumblebee cut with the Beautiful Trees label Die.
How fun is this scarecrow!!! I’m having a blast with these characters! Still more to come…
Use HOST CODE: 3XNDPW6M
Our popular TECHNIQUES Collection is back with SIX new techniques for cards! We are featuring the upcoming BLESSINGS OF HOME STAMP SET and FLOWERS OF HOME DIES (available for demos to preorder now and customers on January 3) along with the techniques. These flower images are so pretty to color or leave monochromatic for a vintage look! We've also paired the Bundle with the HEART & HOME DESIGNER PAPER on our SIX technique card tutorials. See more details here!
Don't you LOVE a great tree set? We do! In this bundle, use the trees singly or build an entire forest! They aren't just for Christmas cards, this bundle can be used year-around to build a woodsy scene. For our Collection, we've paired Stampin' Up!'s WHIMSICAL TREES STAMP SET and CHRISTMAS TREE DIES with the WHIMSY & WONDER DESIGNER PAPER to create three cards (one a special fold card) and a fabulous 3D project you can't wait to use...just in time for the holidays! See more details HERE!